Limitless Grace

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Limitless Grace

Postby scooter » January 28th, 2015, 2:33 am

How do you feel about this topic?

It seems to be at the core of disagreements about the "how to" of Christianity. Such as if He/She is a homosexual, how is that any different than "my sin"? Etc.
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » January 28th, 2015, 6:10 am

His Grace is sufficient, but repentance means to "turn away" not just excuse.

We are all sinners, but that is not our goal. If I am saved, yet would call myself a liar, then I need to seek for God to change that nature in me, and let the new creature be one of truth. If I am a thief, then let the new creature be one of giving not taking.

When sin defines my life, I am falling short of the direction God has given me in life, His Grace is sufficient to carry me through my mistakes, but I am also commanded to "Come follow..." If I'm not following, and letting sin define me, then I am turning away from that grace and following the sin.

It all comes back to faith vs. works It is faith that saves us, but works should follow, no different than breathing follows life. It is not the air entering and exiting my body that gives life, otherwise a balloon could live and a dead man could be raised with a simple ventilator. Faith is our spiritual "life" but if the works stop, just as breathing stops, then the faith has died.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

darylscook
Hall Of Fame

Re: Limitless Grace

Postby darylscook » January 28th, 2015, 11:45 am

scooter wrote:How do you feel about this topic?

It seems to be at the core of disagreements about the "how to" of Christianity. Such as if He/She is a homosexual, how is that any different than "my sin"? Etc.

Most do not believe that we fall from grace b/c we stumble, make a mistake or sin. I believe the answer is that Christians do not continue in a lifestyle of sin. For a Christian to continue in a lifestyle of sin, they have to reject Jesus Christ, and push His Grace out of their life; they reject limitless grace. I don't believe we lose our free will after Salvation. At what point exactly does that happen after one accepts Jesus into their life, well I don't know. But, they won't stand before me after they die, so it's ok.

But, we will know them by their fruits. If a professed Christian is still living in continued, unrepentant sin, I believe they rejected Christ after they received him at some point. Or, they never really accepted Him.

I hope that answers your question scooter.
Daryl S. Cook, Senior Pastor
Pearl Church
The Church of God of Prophecy
Pearl, MS

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”