Mommy Audrey and Ya-Ya Buffy were excitedly packing up Miss Lola's belonging to move to the step down floor room and out of ICU. Backpacks on and baby switched to a transport bed, Lola's heart rate raised to 207 bpm. The concerned nurse called the Drs in just to take a look. The concerned DRs requested a precautionary X-ray and then a CAT scan. Lola's lung has opened up again and is releasing air into her chest cavity, causing her lung to deflate and her heart to be shoved over. They immediately put her back on oxygen. Then surgically reinstalled the chest tube that drains the air (not the ventilator). If the chest tube does not work, she will have to have the lung surgically repaired or even removed. We were told that if it comes to surgery at this early stage, not giving the lung time to heal itself, it will likely be removed because it is so sick. We had prepared ourselves for possible surgery and partial removal of the lung in a few months, but we are now fearfully waiting to see what happens.
Chest X-ray is looking better. She's still in some pain from the chest tube so they gave her some morphine for pain. She then had an allergic reaction, so they gave her Benadryl. Still has a small air leak, so the chest tube stays in for another 24 hours and checked again.
Lola continues to have sucking problems and withdrawals.