Presbytery Meetings

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

PastorP
Hall Of Fame

Presbytery Meetings

Postby PastorP » July 28th, 2014, 10:26 am

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet. Please don't take me wrong, because I don't mean anything wrong when I ask, "Is there any white smoke yet?" Again, I don't mean anything wrong by the question!
PastorP
Proverbs 3:6 (MSG) Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » July 28th, 2014, 3:27 pm

I was informed that the committee has selected five finalist for the assembly to consider. Don't know any names of finalist.

Mountie12
Needs Decaf

Postby Mountie12 » July 29th, 2014, 10:24 am

Why all the secrecy about candidate? Why is the GA not going to discuss and approve new GO (I must have missed that change)? Have the position been vacant long enough that no one cares who fills it? Just wondering.o :?:

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » July 29th, 2014, 1:46 pm

I am guessing Scott Gillum was high on the list. When will we know?
To God be the Glory.

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » July 29th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Scott Gillum is not one of the final five. Sorry. That is the only thing I know about the five.

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » July 29th, 2014, 3:34 pm

COGOP has been an organization that has seen few leadership changes in its long heritage. That is not typical for most organizations and or churches. Southern Baptist elects a new leader each year I believe. The Church of God (Elders) has had many general overseers. Now, we are experiencing this change. The GO job, and it is a job, is very demanding and taxing. Just ask Randy Howard. I don't see how any one person can do all the things that are expected of them. The church's performance will become the responsibility of the GO. This may not be fair, but it is the way it is. We are living in hard times for church growth. But this is true in most denominations not just COGOP. Whoever is selected GO, I pray for him/her. It will be an almost impossible task to fill. 24/7 Say good bye to your family.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”