Blood Moons

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Blood Moons

Postby Rascal » March 8th, 2014, 6:43 pm

John Hagee was in Chattanooga this past week at Abba's house for a week long event that included several speakers. He was one of them. His topic was from his book about the Blood Moons. He shared with us his thoughts about the Blood Moons that have taken place in history. He said there have been 3 blood moons and that each time this happens, something great has occurred to Israel as a nation. In 1948 there was one, and Israel became a nation. In 1967, there was another, the 6 day war occurred and Israel won back significant land. In 760AD, the Jews were allowed to leave Spain where they had been imprisoned for ages. The next one is September of 2015. He says the time is right for the return of the Lord. He is not declaring this as fact, but says it is possible. As we all know, the Lord is coming to Jerusalem when he returns and that is why Israel won Jerusalem back in 1967.

We all know that no man knoweth the hour when the Lord shall return. This is speculation but I think it is a serious time we are living in. It just could happen. We all need to be ready to go whenever it happens. I think we can all agree that our world has really changed in the last ten years.

I have the book and I recommend you get it.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » March 10th, 2014, 3:35 am

Actually there will be 4 "blood moons" over the next 2 years.

Passover 2014
Tabernacles 2014

Passover 2015
Tabernacles 2015

Only three other times has this happened in history. We have "blood moons" from time to time but they specifically fall on these Jewish holidays for the next two years.

Also there will be Solar eclipses in between.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » March 10th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Blood moons? Really? Has he been watching Hansel and Gretel, Witch Hunters?

Hagee has invented the term for his own profit. Blood moons don't exist. Now, I will admit the dates are interesting. And, who knows, God may act however He will, but not because Hagee is "on to something". There are many other instances where these "blood moons" as he describes them occurred on Passover and Tabernacles, but there is not an Israel significant event in those dates.

162-163AD, 795-796 AD, 842-843, 860-861, 1493-1494, 1949-1950 (not 1948), 1967-1968, and 2014-2015.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Poimen
What's next?

Dolfan

Postby Poimen » March 12th, 2014, 5:53 pm

I suppose he is simply restating the bible when it declares, "the moon shall be turned to blood".
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Re: Dolfan

Postby scooter » March 13th, 2014, 5:54 am

Poimen wrote:I suppose he is simply restating the bible when it declares, "the moon shall be turned to blood".

Response: And putting dates to it. lol :shock:
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » March 14th, 2014, 3:30 am

Is it not due to the color that is portrayed in such an event? An orange or reddish tint/glow?

Dolfan, I'm not necessarily a fan of Hagee except that if he is a Christian and I am a Christian then we have fellowship one with another but where did Hagee imply that God has to do something because he said it was so?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » March 14th, 2014, 5:55 am

Full Quiver wrote:Is it not due to the color that is portrayed in such an event? An orange or reddish tint/glow?

Dolfan, I'm not necessarily a fan of Hagee except that if he is a Christian and I am a Christian then we have fellowship one with another but where did Hagee imply that God has to do something because he said it was so?

Hagee speaks as if his own statements and ideas are God's truth, especially concerning Israel. Just because he has written a book that is more gimmick than truth, invokes God and prophecy and Israel and borrows a phrase from folklore to describe it for effect, does not mean God has shown, revealed or signified something that Hagee says is so.

"A blood moon is when the Earth comes between the sun and the moon. And the sun is shining through the atmosphere of the Earth and casts up in the moon a red shadow. And so the moon appears to be red," says Hagee.

Ok. So, yes, that is an accurate description of an astronomical phenomenon. It is never referred to as a "blood moon" in the Bible. Joel, Peter and John each refer to moons like blood, etc., but they point to these things as signs. And, certainly the Bible is clear that God arranged the heavens to signify things. But, the astronomical event he calls a "blood moon" is not unprecedented. He is adamant that the timing of these "blood moons" as he calls them, itching to inject mystical and prophetic imagery into them where no evidence for that imagery to apply exists, on Passover and Tanernacles in 2014 & 2015 matters prophetically.

There was no "blood moon" in 1492. It was 1493 and 1494. Hagee says it was 1492 and attaches Spain's 1492 expulsion of Jews and Columbus' discovery of America (a haven for Jews, he says) to it. He says there was one in 1948, but it was 1949-1950. But 1948 fits his Israel narrative better.

You can point to historically significant events in many years. They all are important in some way to Jews or to Christians or to any group you might pick.

John Hagee makes a lot of money yapping on about Israel. He is perpetuating a myth with this blood moon thing. We are in the last days. As far as that goes, we could already be in the early throes of the tribulation. None of us knows precisely what Joel, Peter and John referenced in terms of the moon being like blood. It is better, I believe, to let the mystery of the things in the Bible that we don't understand remain so and not subject them to profiteering from the likes of John Hagee. We are so gullible, it just boggles me how anybody actually pays any attention to him anymore.

I love how Hagee pulls Israel's Iran policy into this moon geometry so that HE is right no matter what. Last month, on CBN News, Hagee said, "The only reason that Iran will not acquire a nuclear bomb will be that Israel chooses a military solution to that crisis. I believe if that happens, it will start a series of events that will change e course of world history. If Israel does not, then it will still change the course of world history." Coincidentally, he has a 1.3 million member parade of people with open wallets called Christians United for Israel.

Hagee is a preacher of the gospel of Israel. Israel rejects the gospel of Christ to this moment. They crucified Jesus and they would wipe his name from the Earth if allowed, to this very moment. God is not going to judge the nations for their relationship to the nation of Israel, per se. He will judge each one of us based on whether Jesus is our Lord. His judgment upon the Earth is also based on the rejection of Jesus, and we can include Netanyahu and every other Jesus-rejecting Jewish person in that number of those to be judged for this.

Hagee said to CBN, "If there ever was a time for the Christians of America to stiffen their spine and stand up and speak up, it's now. To see evil and not call it evil is evil. ... We cannot be silent and receive God's approval at a time like this."

Genius.

Again, unless you are a Christian united for Israel, you are disapproved by God. And....you can speak up by writing HIM a check. A modern twist on Tetzel in the multimedia age.

But he is wrong. Our speech should be nothing of Israel in the world, but Jesus on the cross to Jew and Gentile alike. Paul longed for Israel to be saved. He said nothing of political action about them. Fact is Israel the nation will be judged severely by God. Revelation is the manual of God's judgment on them and the world for rejecting Jesus. A remnant of Israel will be saved because God sovereignly chose to save them in his own love just as He has saved you and me. We are accepted in the Beloved now because of His sovereign salvation. It had and has nothing to do with geopolitical activities by the kingdoms of his world, including Israel the nation. God has, indeed, raised that nation up as He has all nations, and for His own purposes.....to show forth His glory. And, in His glorious fury and terror He will subject them to His authority that they have rejected. And, in His glorious grace He will save whom He will from them and fulfill his own Word concerning them. We should pray for evangelists and missionaries to enter their nation. We should not concern ourselves with those matters too great for us about the political alignments of the heathens who oppose Him.

I ain't buying what Hagee is selling. No one should.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » March 15th, 2014, 3:02 pm

dolfan said it well. If you google "false blood moon teachings", you'll find a lot of well educated ministers are not buying Hagee's blood moon teaching. You can even go to the NASA site and see that his dates are off.
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » March 16th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Dolfan, thanks for exposing your opinion on Hagee. You certainly let us know how you feel about him. I must say that I am a Christian, still a member of COGOP, still trusting in Christ and not Israel. I do agree with what you said, but I am not going to crucify Hagee along with it. I find his sermons, books, ect intriguing and informative. I know many others must like his writings as you mentioned. He asked how many people traveled more than 50 miles to the meeting, several hundred hands went up. He asked how many are faith partners, same response. At age 60, I will purchase and read what books I want to and I don't need anyone to tell me what not to read. I am not a faith partner with Hagee but if I decide to become one, I don't need your permission to become one! Thanks anyway.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » March 17th, 2014, 1:52 am

Rascal, thanks for putting me in my place. I'm glad you would rather have Hagee tell you what to think. He is the one who is telling Americans that if you don't speak out for Israel, God does not approve you. Your reaction to me is he same as mine to him: don't tell me what to think. I'll up the ante: Hagee is no spokesman for the Lord. The difference is Hagee is leveraging the Bible and the church and made up "blood moons" to exploit Christians to fatten his own wallet. One million people can, indeed, be wrong.

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » March 17th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Thanks for having a good spirit about it. We all have our opinions and I do respect yours. I am really a nice guy, just ask my wife!

william Cogburn
Newcomer

Re: Blood Moons

Postby william Cogburn » January 29th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Actually the first blood moon occurred in 32 A.D.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”