Dad's Family Meeting

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Dad's Family Meeting

Postby Pastor Bill » February 25th, 2014, 9:11 am

My Dad has recently started on Hospice Care. After 3 bouts with Cancer (last one he was healed and is Cancer free, they gave him only a couple months to live over 2 years ago before the healing)

COPD and some Heart problems have brought him to this point, and the Doctors feel it would be harder on him to continue treating (pacemaker, etc) than it would really solve.

Since the decision was made to move toward Hospice he has a stronger urgency to see our family saved. He asked everyone to come over so he could sit everyone down and talk to them about it. He asked me to help him if he had problems, so I ended up reading the scriptures he wanted and making a few comments, and my oldest brother (also a preacher) wrapped things up at the end. I thought I'd share it here with everyone, keep the family in prayer, there wasn't a massive run to the altar, but I know there were seeds planted and God is the one in control.

The video is linked below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntmaqwMX ... e=youtu.be
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”