Missing the days when...

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Missing the days when...

Postby stevenson » January 27th, 2014, 8:55 am

I miss the days before MySpace, Facebook and other social media, when people would check into Jude2 to see what the hot topic among the COGOP was. Gerald was always good to push the limits, Shellie was like a mother watching out for her children but not afraid to correct her own, Pastor Gary was like the captain of Star Trek. LOL! :D
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » January 28th, 2014, 1:38 am

Funny how all our convenient and quicker technology has made us busier than ever before. :wink:
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 28th, 2014, 11:59 am

I actually got to talk with Pastor Gary yesterday for a bit. It was fun. And I miss Jude 2 being a hotbed of discussion and all of it. Has always been great fun.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » January 28th, 2014, 12:04 pm

I still open Jude 2 everyday and check in, but things have gotten very quiet.

We've worked through many of the big issues, maybe things are just settling down a little in the CoGoP.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Changing times

Postby Pastor Gary » January 31st, 2014, 1:17 pm

Yeah... Jude2 served a very critical need when it started — January 29, 2003. There were few places for open exchange of ideas, few places to make a valid (or sometimes INVALID) complaint free of repercussions, and it was social media before the rise of Facebook.

Is there still value here? I have asked myself that question many times, and always come back to "YES."

It is really quiet here right now, for sure, but as we near July, and an Assembly where a new GO will be selected, we may see some increase in interest.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Changing times

Postby Paully_44 » February 17th, 2014, 6:28 am

Pastor Gary wrote:Is there still value here? I have asked myself that question many times, and always come back to "YES."

I say yes. Not only in church issues debates, but in cultivating friendships.
Value in friendships made here, that I have been able to translate into actually meeting people. Scooter came by our church last here. He was in the Seattle area doing a wedding. After church, we spent the afternoon eating an visiting. Without J2, that wouldn't have happened.

Even at the Assemblies, when I have been able to go, I've been able to meet other J2'ers and thats been worth it for me.
Let the wild rumpus start!

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Re: Changing times

Postby scooter » February 19th, 2014, 3:36 am

Paully_44 wrote:
Pastor Gary wrote:Is there still value here? I have asked myself that question many times, and always come back to "YES."

I say yes. Not only in church issues debates, but in cultivating friendships.
Value in friendships made here, that I have been able to translate into actually meeting people. Scooter came by our church last here. He was in the Seattle area doing a wedding. After church, we spent the afternoon eating an visiting. Without J2, that wouldn't have happened.

Even at the Assemblies, when I have been able to go, I've been able to meet other J2'ers and thats been worth it for me.

Response: What a great time! And when you start the Washington Chapter of the Heaven's Saints it will have been because of Jude2!! lol 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » February 19th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Jude 2 is still a viable resource. Yes its quiet. but when personal or church related issues come up Jude 2 family is here to assist. I usually look at it several times a week.

J2 is an online family/community... :D
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

Alan
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Alan » March 25th, 2014, 8:41 am

Yes it is still a valuable resource. I have made many friendships here and at that other message board, some of which I'm not friends with on any social networks. With the demands of my life, job, ministry, family, and school, I don't check in here near as often as I once did, but I still manage at least every few months to take a look around and see what's going on.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”