Politics

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Politics

Postby Full Quiver » September 9th, 2013, 10:52 am

On May 26 of this year I was faced with the following thought from the Lord. "why do you expect others to serve, why won't you" when I was praying to Him about a conservative to run for US Senate in TN. We have 2 RINOs in our delegation.

I laughed but then took the thought seriously. I began to meditate and pray and really seek the Lord. I took the thought to my peers, Life group coaches, and my pastor, as well as to Pastor Joe Champion from Texas.

I did not know where to begin because I was not really active except that I vote, I post via social media, I listen to talk radio, I worked for Santorum and Romney and a local politician that made a run for the US House. I actually don't know anyone on the inside. Of course Ive attended TEA Party and tax rallies through the years also.

Well, it's official. I am a candidate for US Senate in TN. I am being vetted by 60+ groups and it's down to one other guy and I to challenge incumbent Lamar Alexander who is a career politician.

I have spoke at a few different events over the past few weeks, met some interesting folks in the political arena, and people are getting excited. I am an average American, an everyday Tennessean and everyone I meet and speak to say that's what they are looking for.

I was interviewed last week on air by the host of the number 1 radio show in Middle TN. This is completely grassroots but we feel that it is a calling that God has placed on us and He has given me this huge dream to chase. Everyday doors are opened for us and we walk through them. Just a few months ago I didn't know anyone in politics really and now I meet these folks and many of them heard my interview last week and loved it.

We know it's an uphill climb but if it's of God then it'll happen if we do our best. I am certainly a conservative, a constitutionalists, and think I can represent the sovereign state of TN well in DC. Wendy was skeptical at first but then saw God moving in our prayers and in opening doors and she too is excited.

Logos are being designed, blogs and videos uploaded, scheduled speaking engagements being set, and all sorts of planning and such is happening. It's stressful at times but so fulfilling.

If you don't have a dream then seek God for one and when he gives it to you press forward full throttle. It's still early but this has been very fulfilling.

When I was in high school I had the dream of being a Senator but thought I'd have to be a military man and a college educated man to meet that dream. All along the way I thought it was a high school fantasy and now I am believing that it was a seed that the Lord planted all those years ago and he has brought me to where I am at His way and not my way.

All that pulpit time gave me invaluable public speaking opportunities that I would have never have had before. Don't get me wrong, I do mix religion and politics because my politics are based on biblical principles so my speeches speak of God and His Word.

Pray for us! If you think we are crazy then that is fine but pray for us.

@TNBorderPatrol
www.tnborderpatrol.com
https://www.facebook.com/danny.page.5283

we are obviously on a shoe string budget and are not taking donations as of yet.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » September 10th, 2013, 3:53 am

I have family in TN, keep me informed of the progress and voting dates, and I'll let them know.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 10th, 2013, 3:12 pm

All that pulpit time gave me invaluable public speaking opportunities that I would have never have had before. Don't get me wrong, I do mix religion and politics because my politics are based on biblical principles so my speeches speak of God and His Word.

I am sure He appreciates the shout out.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » September 11th, 2013, 4:59 am

Go for it Bro! Sounds awesome! Tell Wendy she should keep the hairy chest photos off Facebook now...lol...someone might accuse you of sexting... :lol:

joking...but sort of serious...libs will look to destroy you in anyway...

but you are in my prayers...
Pastor Daniel :D

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » September 11th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Congratulations. You might just pull this off my friend. A pastor acquaintance of mine ran for a representative seat in the Mississippi House against a local favorite and won due to the very things you mentioned.

Now my vision is to start a Ranch for troubled teens. I would love for you to win and be able to hook me up with the right people. :)

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

one love
Woohoo!

Re: Politics

Postby one love » September 15th, 2013, 3:13 am

Full Quiver wrote:On May 26 of this year I was faced with the following thought from the Lord. "why do you expect others to serve, why won't you" when I was praying to Him about a conservative to run for US Senate in TN. We have 2 RINOs in our delegation.

I laughed but then took the thought seriously. I began to meditate and pray and really seek the Lord. I took the thought to my peers, Life group coaches, and my pastor, as well as to Pastor Joe Champion from Texas.

I did not know where to begin because I was not really active except that I vote, I post via social media, I listen to talk radio, I worked for Santorum and Romney and a local politician that made a run for the US House. I actually don't know anyone on the inside. Of course Ive attended TEA Party and tax rallies through the years also.

Well, it's official. I am a candidate for US Senate in TN. I am being vetted by 60+ groups and it's down to one other guy and I to challenge incumbent Lamar Alexander who is a career politician.

I have spoke at a few different events over the past few weeks, met some interesting folks in the political arena, and people are getting excited. I am an average American, an everyday Tennessean and everyone I meet and speak to say that's what they are looking for.

I was interviewed last week on air by the host of the number 1 radio show in Middle TN. This is completely grassroots but we feel that it is a calling that God has placed on us and He has given me this huge dream to chase. Everyday doors are opened for us and we walk through them. Just a few months ago I didn't know anyone in politics really and now I meet these folks and many of them heard my interview last week and loved it.

We know it's an uphill climb but if it's of God then it'll happen if we do our best. I am certainly a conservative, a constitutionalists, and think I can represent the sovereign state of TN well in DC. Wendy was skeptical at first but then saw God moving in our prayers and in opening doors and she too is excited.

Logos are being designed, blogs and videos uploaded, scheduled speaking engagements being set, and all sorts of planning and such is happening. It's stressful at times but so fulfilling.

If you don't have a dream then seek God for one and when he gives it to you press forward full throttle. It's still early but this has been very fulfilling.

When I was in high school I had the dream of being a Senator but thought I'd have to be a military man and a college educated man to meet that dream. All along the way I thought it was a high school fantasy and now I am believing that it was a seed that the Lord planted all those years ago and he has brought me to where I am at His way and not my way.

Pray for us! If you think we are crazy then that is fine but pray for us.

@TNBorderPatrol
www.tnborderpatrol.com
https://www.facebook.com/danny.page.5283

we are obviously on a shoe string budget and are not taking donations as of yet.

Wow! I have to admit I am proud of you Brother. I pray things go well and the lords will be done in your life. I agree with the above post, make sure you clean up your face book post and pictures ( if you haven't already). Make sure no previous blogs are still up etc.
Regardless if you are new to this or not, work hard and have the confidence like you have been in this forever. Grass roots or not people still want someone that can lead, so use the grass roots movement to your advantage but display extreme confidence.
Constantly bring up some major issues that Tennessee has faced or is facing that nobody else is touching so the incumbent could be forced to answer a question he may not want to. It could get you some exposure really fast. If you could drop a "bomb" question or statement directed at the fore runner on another radio interview it could be the attention you need.

Praying for you and Tap into the local business's ! Make sure you bring up TAX REFORM to them if it is part of your long term goal.
I am just telling you this advice as someone who watched Bob M. win VA Governor 5 years ago. My friend was his finance campaign manager. He was already known in the area but you are not so you have to do something to get a lot of attention, then the funds could really come in.
Keep it up I will try to monitor your campaign.

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » September 19th, 2013, 3:52 am

Donations can be made to...

Danny Page
put US Senate on the memo line

mail to.....

The Committee to Turn the Page on Politics
PO Box 1124
Goodlettsville, TN 37070-1124

if above $200 please include your address, full name, and place of employment for FEC reasons

thank you and if you know of an pacs please point them my way

and by all means pray

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » September 25th, 2013, 3:12 am

http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do

click on the link and type in Danny Page

then click on the link and type in The Committee to Turn the Page on Politics

just for proof

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”