The Gay Community

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

The Gay Community

Postby Rascal » September 7th, 2013, 5:17 pm

The gay community (gay people within our city) has recently made our local newspaper and caused quite an uproar among our fundamental churches. Two incidents have recently happen where parents of grown gay children have objected to the churches where they attend for preaching against homosexuality. They have gotten their feelings hurt and gained the attention of a local newspaper reporter. He has written some scolding articles about the churches. One, a Southern Baptist, the other a Church of Christ. This article lead to a blaze of letters to the editor in support of the article scolding the churches. We now have learned that most of these letters were written by the gay community. They attacked these churches in their articles saying they are preaching hate. The Baptist church did not respond but the COC did respond and defended their stand against homosexuality. Praise God.

It is a different world now. The gay community is bold and ready to attack. I know we must love the person and hate the sin. I stand on that. The Bible is clear. There is no compromise on this issue. Or so I thought. The second Presbyterian Church here has bought an ad and their pastor invites these people to their church. He says they have a spirit of love and acceptance. He compromises to win their attendance. If he really loved them he would warn them of a devil's Hell.

The gay community should do like all the rest of us do when we don't agree with doctrine..... Start your own church! Don't come to a church were we don't accept this doctrine and try to force the church to change. That would be like me attending a Jewish Synagoge and demanding that they accept Jesus. They would like to infiltrate all our churches and force the acceptance of this sin. We should stand firm for the Word of God. Get ready for the last days.

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » September 9th, 2013, 4:16 am

I have a very good friend that is a Presbyterian pastor and he tells me that their denomination is split over the homosexual issue. It is actually causes splits witching their organization.

I know the Methodists & Disciples of Christ churches have embraced the homosexual community.

It's very sad that churches even have debates over such things. Different church denominations use to differ on their theology views but for the most part they didn't disagree much on sin.
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Same here

Postby Pastor Gary » September 10th, 2013, 1:38 am

There is a widespread, systematic effort to manipulate public opinion on matters of homosexuality. Any news article that hits online forums gets flooded with posts in support by gay activists, making it appear that the entire community agrees.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Penny
I can see clearly now!

Postby Penny » September 18th, 2013, 1:49 pm

I have a few gay friends, They know where I stand,.

I have been invited to attend their church. I just do not think so.

There are churches out there, Even here in North Carolina.

There are all so churches who welcome them, allow them to teach at their church. Because at our Church we love everyone, just the way they are. A Lady I work with told me their church did this. We have to welcome them, Jesus loves them, so do we.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » September 19th, 2013, 4:05 am

We must love everyone, and we must welcome them, love them, and accept them as God's Children. This is commanded.

But like any other sin, we have to preach and teach it truthfully, that is too often seen as hate, but if done correctly, that IS love. It is Love and Truth that set us free.

We do need to be careful not to push against the people, they need our love and acceptance as human beings, and it is possible to do that without accepting or condoning their sin. Unfortunately the "gay community" is pushing to polarize the issues more and more and make people choose sides. In that they are choosing a side based on lies, and we can't stand with them.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Penny
I can see clearly now!

Postby Penny » September 19th, 2013, 10:14 am

Pastor Bill I understand what your saying.

But they do not see what they are doing is wrong. In their view it is ok.

MY son thinks it ok...oh where did I go wrong with him at- Joseph can give me verses in the Bible where there are homosexuals- I think it David and Jonathan, he gives me chapter and verses

What is so sad to me, that more and more people, christians are saying it ok. Fewer and fewer are taking a Stand.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » September 19th, 2013, 11:29 am

David and Jonathan were not homosexual. In fact David's lust for women got him in some trouble at times.

The verses they try to use are taken out of context.

I agree there is a problem in churches that openly accept this as normal. At the same time they are also overreacting to the opposite extreme of hate filled anger, which is just as wrong. We need to keep from taking sides and find Christ, in his perfect love, accepts the individual, and guides them away from sin.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."

-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » September 21st, 2013, 8:21 am

A few years ago, a relative of mine was on his death bed with AIDS. He was a homosexual. He was really sick and he called for me and my wife to come for prayer. We prayed and he repented. He died just day or so later. I know he is in heaven. This is the best approach. Stand against sin but let them know we love them and want to see them saved. They will resist the truth as long as things are good. But, like most of life's trials, when you get down to the end of life and you are facing eternity, things change. For some, it is the only thing that will bring you to your knees. We must be ready for the call of help.

Phil Hoover
Hey, hey, hey

Heartbroken...

Postby Phil Hoover » September 22nd, 2013, 9:26 am

It is heartbreaking to see the STRONGHOLD of homosexuality that has swept across the religious landscape in the United States. I have many friends who have now "embraced" the lifestyle---all raised in good, godly, two-parent Pentecostal homes...

It absolutely breaks my heart...where did we fail them? Or did we fail them? What were the other choices they could have/should have made?

I remember talking with a Catholic priest (ten years ago), a good friend of mine here in Chicago. He said, "Phil, you replace a great love with a GREATER love."
There is a ROCK between me and a hard place. His name is JESUS.

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Postby Rascal » September 22nd, 2013, 11:40 am

I don't blame the church. The cases I am familiar with, it was friendship with other gay people that was a part of the drifting into this lifestyle. He started going to New York city with a lesbian. She introduced him to the gay community she was in. That circle of friends made him feel accepted and welcome. They begin to influence his thinking through friendship. It was a slow process, but it happened. Be careful who your children are friends with. Seems like an old and simple rule, but so very true.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”