Paula Deen

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Rascal
Needs a LIFE

Paula Deen

Postby Rascal » June 23rd, 2013, 3:27 pm

This week has been a week of "your sins will find you out" for the chief cook. I think we all will agree that using the N word is politically incorrect as well as other descriptions we could use. However, it is a word that we all have probably used in our past. I know blacks use it all the time to refer to each other. It is used in rap music as a lyric. That seem to be OK as we hear it in the music and videos. Nothing is ever said about that. Seems we have a double standard. The word should never be used by anyone.

Paula Deen, to my surprise, is a big Obama supporter. Campaigned with and for him and is friends with Michelle. She apparently is foul mouthed if her employees are to be believed. Just not the sterotyped "Southern Lady" she portrays. I just did not know these things about her. I need to get out more.

I still like butter and sugar.

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » July 6th, 2013, 4:20 am

Well i really dont care about this story but I feel I need to correct something that has been repeated over and over.

"people use that word in rap songs all the time"

The context in which that is said and what she said 30 years ago are totally different.

One is 5 letters and one is 6 letters. I could say the first word to many old friends and it would not bother anyone. It does not hold the same meaning as the other word.

I am not defending anyone because I dont care and I really dont understand why people are making a issue over a 30 year old comment.
They didnt care Robert Byrd was a kkk member...... media bias

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » July 15th, 2013, 11:46 am

one love wrote:Well i really dont care about this story but I feel I need to correct something that has been repeated over and over.

The context in which that is said and what she said 30 years ago are totally different.

One is 5 letters and one is 6 letters. I could say the first word to many old friends and it would not bother anyone. It does not hold the same meaning as the other word.

According to Wikipedia, The NAACP condemns the usage of both words as offensive. Just saying.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » July 30th, 2013, 1:55 pm

pastorables wrote:
According to Wikipedia, The NAACP condemns the usage of both words as offensive. Just saying.

Who would really care or give a flip what the NAACP does. I know that the NAACP views are not the views of all black people and not all black people are or act as idiots as many of their so leaders does. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't consider them as authorities on any thing but trouble making.
God Bless

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » August 2nd, 2013, 12:48 pm

pastorables wrote:
one love wrote:Well i really dont care about this story but I feel I need to correct something that has been repeated over and over.

Yes but they have a agenda and are not in touch with the real community.

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » August 2nd, 2013, 12:49 pm

oletimer wrote:pastorables wrote:

Who would really care or give a flip what the NAACP does. I know that the NAACP views are not the views of all black people and not all black people are or act as idiots as many of their so leaders does. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't consider them as authorities on any thing but trouble making.
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » August 3rd, 2013, 10:04 am

One is 5 letters and one is 6 letters. I could say the first word to many old friends and it would not bother anyone.
It does not hold the same meaning as the other word.

I am not defending anyone because I dont care and I really dont understand why people are making a issue over a 30 year old comment.
They didnt care Robert Byrd was a kkk member...... media bias

One love, I'm not trying to start a fight. However, given the quote (the part in red), how would you and/or your friends react to someone being referred to as "niggardly?" Your immediate response first, then after you look it up your view on the word, please.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”