Hero

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

Hero

Postby TW » May 31st, 2013, 1:02 am

Last night I was reading an article on Pres. George Bush's 100K Wounded Warrior Bike Ride. Some of the comments by the vets got me to wondering who is a hero. How do you define what it takes to be a hero? The dictionary defines hero as:

he·ro
[heer-oh]
noun, plural he·roes; for 5 also he·ros.
a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
3. the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.

4. Classical Mythology .
a.
a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.
b.
(in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability.
c.
(in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod.

hero sandwich.

I would like to know how you define a Hero.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » June 1st, 2013, 2:26 am

I once read a quote that went something like this...A hero is not more brave than any other. He's just brave for five minutes longer.

I believe we all have it in us to perform heroic deeds depending on the situation. A mother with her children trapped in a sinking car. A father with his children in a burning house. However, perhaps the true hero is the one who would enter the car or the house without even knowing the occupants.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”