GO Predictions

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Re: GO Predictions

Postby pastorables » August 4th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Poimen wrote:I predict the elderly "statesman" will be tapped for GO -- Brother Varlack. Further, that he will serve a term of no more than 4 years. .

As an update, Brother Varlack shared at our convention that he signed a declaration a few years back that he would not then or at anytime in the future allow himself to be considered for the office of the General/International Overseer.

He further stated that it was very interesting to him that the International Presbyters (Is it 6 or 7 of them?) had since signed a similar declaration.

He went on to preach how this is God's church and man doesn't always understand the mind of the Lord in these matters. I left feeling like our next Overseer could very likely come from beyond the borders of the U.S., but that's strictly opinion and based upon nothing tangible that Brother Varlack shared. I do agree that the Lord is building the house as he pleases.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”