My day, Yesterday

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

My day, Yesterday

Postby TW » March 3rd, 2013, 2:09 pm

United Hospice is staffed with some of the most loving and caring people that I have ever met. Top to bottom they (at least those that I have had interaction with) have been outstanding. You get the feeling that this is more than just a job and paycheck to them. Over the course of the last week thry banded together, came in and cleaned my house from top to bottom. They brought a barber, one of the volunteers, and he gave me a hair cut and trimed my beard. They dusted, swept, vacumned, washed, hung curtains, and mopped. All the while they made sure that I took my meds on schedual, got my breayhing treatments on time, and kept me fed. For this I am indebted to them, but yesterday they went way beyond and turned 3/2/12 into "My Day."

Yesterday morning all of the ladies from the office that I deal with on the phone, as well as the ladies that I deal with on a face to face basis showed up on my door step, with food, cookies, and cameras in hand. A short time later I found out what the whole deal was. United Hospice had flown my son and his family to Atlanta, provided them with a car and hotel room, so they could suprise me with a face to face visit with my son who I haven't seen in person since he was three. I had a great day with my family that would not have happened if not for the people of United Hospice. The only way that I can ever repay them is to pray that God bless them and fills every need they may have in their own lives.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » March 3rd, 2013, 2:57 pm

You have no idea how glad I am to hear this, God bless you!!!
To God be the Glory.

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Postby jinjer » March 3rd, 2013, 3:18 pm

Praise God!! That is an awesome blessing and testimony. Hospice was so amazing when my mom was sick!! I am so grateful that you have such a great team that went above and beyond!!

Blessings,
Jinjer

Sherry

Postby Sherry » March 3rd, 2013, 4:27 pm

TW, What a wonderful surprise! You sir deserved your own day!

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » March 3rd, 2013, 5:47 pm

Precious!!
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Martha » March 3rd, 2013, 6:22 pm

Awesome!

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Wow

Postby Pastor Gary » March 4th, 2013, 12:37 am

I'm in tears. Sometimes Jesus looks like a hospice staffer.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Re: Wow

Postby scooter » March 4th, 2013, 2:37 am

Pastor Gary wrote:I'm in tears. Sometimes Jesus looks like a hospice staffer.

Response: Amen.
What we need here is a good revival! lol

PastorP
Hall Of Fame

Re: Wow

Postby PastorP » March 4th, 2013, 11:08 am

Pastor Gary wrote:I'm in tears. Sometimes Jesus looks like a hospice staffer.

I remember well the loving kindness that was shown to my father in law and to our entire family, by Hospice. I have always found them to be examples of Christ's Words in Matthew 7:12 (NLT) “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."
PastorP
Proverbs 3:6 (MSG) Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » March 4th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Thanks for sharing that with us, TW. Man, that is so....God.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Rhoda
Frequent Flyer

Postby Rhoda » March 6th, 2013, 2:20 pm

The people who work with hospice units are the most caring people Ihave ever worked with and I have worked in healthcare for 35 years. This is the first time I have heard of them doing something like this. Our family hsa been praying that TW and his son could be reunited and God has answered our prayers. These people are truly living their lives as examples of how God wants us to live. Pastor Gary said it best "Sometimes Jesus looks like a hospice staffer."

There are a couple of J2 members who also fall into this group also. They are the ones who found his son and made it possible for this to happen. You know who you are and I pray for you every day.

I also want to thank all of J2's prayers. I don't post very often but I do check here frequently and I thank you and pray for all of you.

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » March 12th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:
I'm in tears. Sometimes Jesus looks like a hospice staffer.

I think that he well said it for most of us.
God Bless

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”