Calling Tracy .... Tracy!!

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

Calling Tracy .... Tracy!!

Postby dolfan » January 18th, 2013, 7:12 am

Tracy, I hope you see this and I hope you and your family are doing well!

Via Twitter, John Piper posted a link to a video where he discusses tongues, his desire to speak in tongues, his understanding of the biblical doctrines about tongues and its application in our time, as well as his own experience (which he denies was valid, and I'll take his word for that, certainly).

I'm posting the link here for anyone who does not use Twitter. (Twitter is worth it for all of the teaching stuff you see, if for no other reason. Convenient way to get quality stuff and you get to follow who you want to narrow that however you like.)

Here's the link: www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/piper-on ... nd-tongues OR, if that won't work, try http://dsr.gd/10hl4E7

NOT trying to stir a tongues debate, but the fact that John Piper says THIS much is both not a surprise to me anymore and still -- surprising to me. I do not say it to challenge Tracy, but to get your feedback, if you're still looking in!
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”