Help for a Struggling Man

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

darylscook
Hall Of Fame

Help for a Struggling Man

Postby darylscook » August 29th, 2012, 7:22 am

Hey,

We have helped a disabled/retired gentleman for a few months. To be honest, we have tapped out our help for him locally at the Pearl Church and me personally. About 3 weeks ago, he was put in the hospital for about 2 weeks. In the process, he lost his apartment and now has a collections charge against him. I'm not worried about the collections charge. He is on Social Security/Disability so he can't get garnished or anything. But, now he needs an apartment and setup. Of course he needs a deposit and rent for the first month and we will need to put him up for a few days until an apartment comes open.

He has some mental impairment, but not enough evidently for a group home. All of the homeless shelters here are in Jackson and he is not competent enough to stay there. I've told his sister, who has not been much help to him (she is on SSI to and rents a room from someone) that I don't think we can help any more, but I felt led to ask for help. Maybe we can. Please message me after you send something so I will know.

Gary, you can delete this if you need too. I just felt led to ask for help.

http://www.pearlcogop.com/OutreachHelp.html to Donate
Daryl S. Cook, Senior Pastor
Pearl Church
The Church of God of Prophecy
Pearl, MS

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”