This week

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

This week

Postby dolfan » May 13th, 2012, 1:17 pm

This past week was nice. We went to Destin, FL on Tuesday and came home today. We are glad to be home. The beach was fun as always. We also drove to Panama City Beach yesterday and went to the Ripley's museum and the WonderWorks museum. Weather was too blustery and cool for the water with a storm front coming in for last night and today. On Tuesday night, we saw the Avengers in IMAX 3D. It was remarkable, but I thought the plot was, seriously, a copy of last year's Phineas and Ferb movie on the Disney channel. I won't do details so as not to spoil it. As I said, it was a decent movie that, in that format, was made better.

On Thursday, I attended the annual Wood Fruitticher food show at Sandestin Resort. (Friday, too actually,). We pre-order stuff there. And you see new products from the major national and regional food producers. Samples abound. Good eating. :P Then, on my way out, I stopped by a booth for a company that is promoting order placement on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices. I registered for an iPad giveaway, as they were giving away one per hour. I typed my name and data into the computer while talking with the guy at the vendor booth. The iPad guy said they would draw in a minute for the next one. Another lady came in behind me and registered. Then, I walked over to the booth next door of a web development company just gazing. After about 30 seconds, the guy in the iPad booth said, "Hey, you are Tim, right?". "Yeah." "You just won an iPad." Incredible. I gave it to my daughter. Now we all have identical iPads. Crazy.

A few years ago I won a big screen TV. It sits in our bedroom today.

We drove home through a monsoon or three, and a tornado warning about 10 miles or so east of where we were driving to leave Walton County. So, we are tired. But good tired.

Missed our weekly Radical U meeting, but our pastor was kind to fill in and one of our core students took on my wife's typical duties of leading us in the first talk portion of the service. Attendance was off, but hopefully we will get back to full swing quickly. We missed it, we missed our brothers and sisters in the Lord and we are hungry to be with them again.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”