Please help me!

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Please help me!

Postby Ilovebigcats » July 15th, 2010, 10:18 am

I don't have a wireless router... I have been trying to upload 4 videos and the first on has been taking over an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a cord laying here that I would assume could be plugged into the laptop from the modem and connect me straight to the internet but I have NO IDEA what I am doing. :cry:

I really really want/need to upload these videos. Someone please PM me and walk me through this. I think I am tapped into someone else's wireless in the neighborhood but I am not sure.. I only have 2 bars and it is making this process nearly impossible. :(

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » July 15th, 2010, 10:28 am

Wendy,

If it's the output cat5 (looks like a fancy telephone cable) from the modem then yes, you should be able to hard connect (directly connect) to the laptop.

Just find the corresponding plug on your laptop and pop it in. Your laptop should auto detect the connection and prompt you from there, if not auto connect to the internet.
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » July 15th, 2010, 10:36 am

When I plug it in.. it does nothing different because I am already connected wirelessly. :?

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » July 15th, 2010, 11:03 am

I found something where I can connect directly to my modem.. BUT it is asking for a username and password. OMG. I have to be somewhere at 5. :cry: I will try again later if it has to run all night long.

If anyone has any other advice let me know.. I can take pics so you know what I am working with.. if that helps.

beckrl
Woohoo!

Postby beckrl » July 15th, 2010, 1:27 pm

Uploading will be slower that downloading, So with your wireless service what is the upload speed?

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » July 15th, 2010, 3:13 pm

I took the laptop with me and tried to connect while I was out and it didn't work. I just got back and figured it out. They are uploading now. The first one is the biggest file. Right now (8:09pm) it is sitting at 40 minutes remaining... MUCH MUCH better than before. The other 3 videos are shorter. Thanks to all the people that helped.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”