Bald Eagles

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Paully_44
Established Member

Bald Eagles

Postby Paully_44 » June 19th, 2010, 1:39 pm

I remember growing up, it was not very common to see these birds. back in the 1980's there were only 105 nesting pairs in our state, compared with over 600 today.
As we were driving home from the grocery store today, we followed the lake and saw 4 Bald eagles and 3 juviniles. I was so wishing I had my camera. It was really cool. We see them so frequently, but I am still in awe.
Let the wild rumpus start!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » June 20th, 2010, 6:36 pm

They are more frequently seen here in the southeast, too. I've seen them in the northeast corner of Alabama where it is more "mountainous" (or, "hilly" for you people who live in serious elevation). They do grab your imagination, don't they?
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » June 23rd, 2010, 5:39 pm

For the past 6 or 7 months I have been able to watch 4 young eagles from my front porch. It is very interesting because they fly in a group and I am sure they are bald eagles since I have used a binocular to watch them. They fly up and down along the edge of the Indian River just a half a block from house. We have a lot of small wild rabbits that live along the river. I have been trying to get a picture but my camera is not quite fast enough. I'm hoping they are still in the area when TW comes down again with his camera.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » June 24th, 2010, 5:40 am

There is a group of bald eagles not a block away from our house. They fly and circle the neighborhood, sometimes perching on a rooftop. My sister lives farther in the country where open fields abound. Her large two-story house has multiple chimneys. Many times I've seen two big bald eagles circling her house. One in particular sits on the highest chimney.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”