The Money Pit Update

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

TW
Established Member

The Money Pit Update

Postby TW » February 24th, 2010, 2:45 pm

It's amazing what some patching plaster and paint combined with a chair rail can do.

Before

After

Work is progressing slowly because of the weather. But I will get it done . . . . someday. :lol:

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » February 25th, 2010, 4:28 am

FANTASTIC.. Your attention to detail is wonderful. You know I love the details. Great work.. keep plugging away.

Other than the SISSY colors it looks great.

* LOL = Joking **
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Martha » February 25th, 2010, 5:25 am

Don't pay any attention to MacUser. That is definitely NOT sissy colors. What will be the function of this room?

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » February 25th, 2010, 11:06 am

Thanks Mac. The colors are a result of all the years that I have lived in apartments, where everything is "eggshell white." Most leases will not allow you to use any color that cannot be covered with one coat of their eggshell white paint (if you want to call it "paint"), which is more often than not the cheapest, thinnest paint they can buy. My color selections are probably a slight over-reaction to those restrictions. :lol:

Martha, this is the living room. That wall extends into the dinning room as well and the colors and wall treatment continue into the dinning area. The kitchen, with is open to the dinning room, uses the Aztec Brick color (the color on the upper part of the wall) with white appliances and cabinets/dark green counter tops, copper backsplash over the sink, and copper range hood.

TW
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

TW
Established Member

Postby TW » February 25th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Here's the basic floor plan for "The Pit."

Just a typical tract house, circa 1960. The Screen Room started life as a carport.

TW

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » February 26th, 2010, 3:20 am

I am a fan of two tone paint schemes and I love the chair rail.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » February 26th, 2010, 4:09 am

TW wrote:Thanks Mac. The colors are a result of all the years that I have lived in apartments, where everything is "eggshell white." Most leases will not allow you to use any color that cannot be covered with one coat of their eggshell white paint (if you want to call it "paint"), which is more often than not the cheapest, thinnest paint they can buy. My color selections are probably a slight over-reaction to those restrictions. :lol:

Martha, this is the living room. That wall extends into the dinning room as well and the colors and wall treatment continue into the dinning area. The kitchen, with is open to the dinning room, uses the Aztec Brick color (the color on the upper part of the wall) with white appliances and cabinets/dark green counter tops, copper backsplash over the sink, and copper range hood.

TW

TW.. you know I jest.. but absolutely love to see something restored and made even better than before and that my friend is what I see here. Thoughtful work and care and the result should be remarkable.

It's very satisfying to me to take something overlooked as average and make it extraordinary.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

John 1:29

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”