Coffee

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

fezzik
Needs Decaf

Postby fezzik » February 23rd, 2010, 5:00 am

Kona is head and shoulders the best. I also like Blue Mountain from Jamaica. If the coffee is good like Kona, I will drink it black or add a splenda if it's brewed strong. If the coffee is bad I'll add cream and splenda to mask the bitterness, blandness or other badness problems.
"People are strange. They want the front of the bus, back of the church and the center of attention."
John Hamby

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Yikes

Postby Pastor Gary » February 23rd, 2010, 10:59 am

lady4jc wrote:Maxwell House is my favorite, black and strong. Can even drink it at night and sleep good.

Have you ever had really great coffee? I just can barely drink Maxwell House, Folgers, and those kinds of coffee -- they seem very acidic and bitter to me.

Right now I am drinking Starbucks Christmas Blend (I received 3 2-pound bags of beans as a gift) and I have some Seattle Mountain Costa Rican beans that were fresh roasted at Costco. Mellow, dark, strong, not too acidic...

Proof of the existence of a loving God! :D
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

jdavis
Hall Of Fame

Postby jdavis » February 23rd, 2010, 1:43 pm

I have sampled real Kona before and I loved it. Tried the Kona blends etc. and was disappointed. My favorite is Community Dark Roast with a teaspoon of sugar. But alas I'm just dreaming, my Dr. took me off coffee because of high blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythms.
http://www.communitycoffee.com

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Re: Cardiac?

Postby rjc » February 23rd, 2010, 2:01 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:
rjc wrote:I am now have to drink decaf because of cardiac issues, I haven't been able to find decaf Kona, I like sugar and cream in my coffee. I treat myself to a decaf grande raspberry mocha latte at least once a week. Believe it or not this is very heallthy - milk for calcium, raspberries are fruit, dark chocolate is good for your heart. :roll:

Did a cardiologist take you off coffee?? My cardiologist told me to enjoy! :?:

The cardiologist suggested stopping caffeine because of my hypertension and the A-fib. So while I was in the rehab center for 3 weeks with my hip I didn't have any coffee, tea or chocolate and the A-fib seemed to improve, I haven't seen any difference with the hypertension. After going home I tried drinking only coffee but the A-fib returned, then I tried tea only with the same results and if I eat a lot of chocolate I have the same problems. I know that even if the product says "caffeine free" you still get a small amount anyway. I have just discovered something interesting, I started drinking the vitamin enhanced water drinks and the A-fib has started again, so no more of them, back to plain water.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

lady4jc
I can see clearly now!

Postby lady4jc » February 23rd, 2010, 5:34 pm

Have you ever had really great coffee? I just can barely drink Maxwell House, Folgers, and those kinds of coffee -- they seem very acidic and bitter to me.

Actually I do like starbucks but had to find that kind of coffee here. I do get it when I can. But I can drink about any kind of coffee. It all good to me.

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Postby dbserv » February 23rd, 2010, 7:01 pm

Whatever store brand I can get for the lowest price.

I add Splenda and 2% milk.

I grew up on "black" and used to make fun of people who used sweetener and creamer and tell them they weren't "weaned". Then a secretary got me some flavored creamer and I was hooked. But, I'm too "cheap" to buy the flavored stuff, so I fake it.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

oletimer
Da Bomb!

Postby oletimer » February 24th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Black only no junk in it. The brand in not as importain as the water.
God Bless

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » February 25th, 2010, 4:07 am

Black

Ground: Chock Full-O-Nuts Dark Roast

Whole Bean: Seattle's Best

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Thanks

Postby Martha » February 25th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Thanks to all of you for your input. It looks like Kona coffee is the winner. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”