Britt Hume says "Turn to Christianity"

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

MacUser
Established Member

Britt Hume says "Turn to Christianity"

Postby MacUser » January 7th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Should Brit Hume apologize?
http://www.theweek.com/article/index/10 ... _apologize

Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume has come under fire for suggesting that scandal-plagued Tiger Woods should "turn to" Christianity in order to achieve "total recovery." Although Hume's remarks that Woods' Buddhist beliefs don't "offer the kind of forgiveness and redemption offered by the Christian faith" have been savaged as both unprofessional and uninformed, he isn't backing down — reiterating his claim on "The O'Reilly Factor" and responding to critics by saying, “Tiger Woods has an opportunity here and my prayer would be that he would take it." Does he owe Woods an apology?

I was pleasantly surprise when Britt Hume did this. It was shocking to hear the name of Jesus Christ spoke and quickly tied to redemption. Then standing by his comments.

Bravo. Reason #2,345 - I love FOX.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » January 8th, 2010, 11:05 am

Hey, it was an opinion program and he gave his opinion. I don't see anyone asking Tiger to apologize for taking advantage of all those women. Apparently, in our society, the worse offense is frankly and amiably making a practical recommendation that someone find true peace in Jesus Christ (by name, as you said) instead of finding a "good time" with what appears to be a quite promiscuous lifestyle and shaming your wife and kids.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

fezzik
Needs Decaf

Postby fezzik » January 11th, 2010, 9:05 am

Props to Mr. Hume for taking a stand and sharing his faith. Major props to him for not backing down afterwards from media pressure.
"People are strange. They want the front of the bus, back of the church and the center of attention."
John Hamby

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”