"You lie!" -- Truth to power

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

dolfan
Established Member

"You lie!" -- Truth to power

Postby dolfan » September 10th, 2009, 3:16 am

Joe Wilson of South Carolina, you are my new favorite, even if you did back down and apologize for calling Obama a liar. What gall! What backbone! You did what tens of millions of Americans desperately wish they could do --- stand up in the halls of power and call Barack Obama a liar to his face in front of all of his friends. Why apologize? Who cares about decorum? What of manners? This is war, man. You slipped in behind enemy lines and said in two words ---- two words, the sheer poetic brevity of it ---- in the face of the dastardly leader of the enemy of the American people you "spoke truth to power", as the left likes to parrot.

If there was a trophy within my reach, I'd scratch out my name and put yours on it and mail it to you, Rep. Wilson. You ARE the one lone voice in a sea of inhuman beings in Washington who has said anything remotely approaching the truth. Barack Obama lied, indeed, and continues to.

Email this man and tell him you're thankful that someone --- even if he stands alone --- spoke for you. Finally.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

MacUser
Established Member

Re: "You lie!" -- Truth to power

Postby MacUser » September 10th, 2009, 4:10 am

dolfan wrote:Joe Wilson of South Carolina, you are my new favorite, even if you did back down and apologize for calling Obama a liar.

Email this man and tell him you're thankful that someone --- even if he stands alone --- spoke for you. Finally.

Bingo. I told my wife this last night. HE IS THE ONLY ONE.. that has heard the MASSES at these town halls... the building political force of 52% and greater surge of angry people motivated against Obama, his communist czars, and political cronies.

Obama was the one that increased the divide last night. He is the one that is working against the will of the American people. The American people DID HEAR OBAMA and they have REJECTED his ideas.

He can marginalize, impugn, misalign, threaten these people all you want.. and it's just going to strengthen the movement.

We want deregulation, competition, torque reform, left alone, and our Govt to punish the law breakers.. not demonize, punish hard working people. We want to control our healthcare and not a bureaucrat in Washington.
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 10th, 2009, 4:16 am

BTW.. here is the link.

http://joewilson.house.gov/

But don't try to access it right now.. because apparently the rest of America is trying to do the same thing... LOLOL. The server is toast.

Chris -

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 10th, 2009, 5:00 am

Don't know if it got through, but I did find a way to email him through his website earlier. I thanked him.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Who new
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby Who new » September 10th, 2009, 6:40 am

He's my hero too. He's done more to galvanize the blue dog democrats against the right wing noise machine than anyone in recent memory. Y'all just keep speaking "truth" to power Joe.

Brian
Da Bomb!

Postby Brian » September 10th, 2009, 6:41 am

hey dolfan, help me out here. I agree with you that Sen. Wilson is the man! But help me to understand why CNN "truth squad" (hold on I'm choking here) says the claim of covering illegal aliens is false. (other than it's CNN) :wink:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/10/cnn-truth-squad-will-health-bill-pay-for-illegal-immigrants/

The verdict from CNN truth squad:

False. A new report finds the bill could require illegal immigrants to buy coverage, but it clearly restricts subsidies to U.S. citizens and legal
residents.

I, like Sen. Wilson, thinks the President is lieing. Can someone help me understand this a bit better?
"My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only He will release my feet from the snare." Psalm 25:15

http://www.myspace.com/twiztidstr8

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 10th, 2009, 6:43 am

The website is still down or taken offline for some reason?
You can still send him an email here. I just did.

http://www.house.gov/formwilson/IMA/issue.htm
Chris -

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 10th, 2009, 6:49 am

Brian wrote:I, like Sen. Wilson, thinks the President is lieing. Can someone help me understand this a bit better?

According to news I just heard also
There are two house bills before congress that DO include coverage for illegal Aliens. I'll find a link about this...

and Who New...
Have you seen this?

Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/ap_ ... ealth_care
Chris -

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 10th, 2009, 7:35 am

HR 3200 has a provision that if anyone in a family unit qualifies for the eligbility credit (in other words, the government pays for their health care), then everyone else in that family unit qualifies, period. If an American born child (and thus, an American citizen) of an illegal immigrant gets government-paid-for coverage, so will his parents, so will his illegal immigrant siblings (if they're illegal). There's nothing that stops that from happening in the whole bill. Obama can stand up there and say all day long that the bill wouldn't provide coverage for illegals, but the reality in the details of the bill is that it will.

Joe Wilson was right. Obama lied.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » September 10th, 2009, 7:39 am

I think it is rude and childish for grown men to shout and interrupt the speaker like they do. The Dems did it when Bush was speaking and now the Reps are doing to Obama.

I wonder what it would be like if we all started this while our Overseer or pastor is speaking?
Let the wild rumpus start!

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 10th, 2009, 8:34 am

Paully_44 wrote:I think it is rude and childish for grown men to shout and interrupt the speaker like they do. The Dems did it when Bush was speaking and now the Reps are doing to Obama.

Sure on a level I agree..... but Paully.. we can't afford another lie to just boost the mojo. We can't afford another load of debt placed on our kids. This isn't business as usual in Washington... our way of life is changing before our eyes and not for the better. Seriously.. Joe isn't the problem here and wasn't the one making divisive comments such as Obama. The American people HAVE heard him... and they have spoken loudly that they don't want it.

Paully_44 wrote:I wonder what it would be like if we all started this while our Overseer or pastor is speaking?

I've been in a few meetings like that. LOL. A few where the disdain for both Pastor and Overseer was so strong it could be cut with a knife.
But Obama isn't either one of them here. And we sure don't want to go down that messiah road again. :lol: :lol:
Chris -

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 10th, 2009, 8:36 am

Some old cartoon I ran across...

Chris -

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 10th, 2009, 9:08 am

The "Ickes" in that cartoon was Harold L. Ickes, FDR's Secretary of the Interior and father of Harold M. Ickes. (born quite late in Sr.'s life), who was in turn the deputy Chief of Staff to Bill Clinton and worked as an adviser to Hillary Clinton in the Senate. The names don't even change and the song remains the same.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 10th, 2009, 9:45 am

To Paully --

You find the shout distasteful, disrespectful. Well, it is. It is distasteful. It is disrespectful. And, unfortunately, he has offered some apology. I say unfortunate because this whole affair about the health care bill is distasteful and disrespectful. The bill itself, the push for it, is distasteful and disrespectful.

Paully, I tell you the truth of my convictions, that this is a war on the American people, on American liberty. In my lifetime and yours, there is no legislative act, no executive action, that poses a greater threat to our liberty than this bill. It is, by itself, the single largest exercise of Federal power in the last 45 years. It dwarfs even the draft for the Vietnam war in terms of forcing people to act. People actually left the country over that. This makes that small potatoes, and I truly don't think you get it.

The Obama spending plan triples the Federal debt to more than $17Trillion in 5 years. The Vietnam War cost: The highest figures put it at about $584 billion over roughly a decade.

From 1789 through FY 2008, the total Federal debt, including that much of it that has been paid, totalled about $12 Trillion. By 2019, our debt will be almost $20 Trillion. There's simply no way to sustain this. It cannot happen without huge tax increases, and Paully, that means you get less of what you earn. You may like that, I don't know. And, that's your right and it isn't insane or anything. But, the point is, whether you like it or not it will happen. That means you don't have a choice, you have no liberty interest in the products of your own work. This goes to the very heart of your day to day life, Paully.

It also goes at it another way. Everything is going to skyrocket. You keep hearing them talk of recovery and the economy being pulled back from the brink. They cite small, insignificant shifts in unemployment rolls. They're not talking about the drop of the dollar, worldwide calls to abandon the dollar as the reserve currency; they're not telling you that oil prices (and other commodities we need) are sliding upward due to the fact that the Fed is printing dollars so fast that China is alarmed about it (that means inflation, serious inflation is on the way); they're not pointing to the rather significant uptick in gold prices as people with funds in more liquid, cash based assets are parking their wealth and running away from the American dollar. Prices are going to go up with it.

The second pop in the housing bubble has yet to hit, and when it does, it's going to smother the first one. The 5 year ARMs are about to renew and when they do, people are going to lose their homes in even greater numbers. It's already starting. August foreclosures are up 28% over last year. That's huge, Paully.

We simply are running out of choices. Choices equal liberty. When the government tells you to do something, it removes choices, limits your liberty. In this health plan, the government is going to force you to get insured or fine you tons of money. Small business owners will either have to insure employees or pay fines. If you change jobs, if your premium increases, or if aspects of coverage change, it is game over. You're forced into public coverage under the current bill. I can tell you that most of us would be in public coverage inside a year if not sooner. Every insurer makes changes to their plans on a daily basis. The public option as a competitor to private insurers is a lie. Joe Wilson was right when he screamed to Obama, "you lie."

For heaven's sake, someone MUST scream it, right there in the halls of power. It has to be screamed without relent. This is not America. What Obama is doing is not American. What he and the Democrats are doing are antithetical to everything this nation has ever been or aspired to be.
If I fault a man for being impolite to the president in this war, this
war for my liberty, then I'm the one who should be ashamed. That he's backed down from it is his own.

The fact is Joe Wilson was right and President Obama was flat out lying. HR 3200 provides what I linked Brian to earlier. It's right there in the bill. They can spin it around all they want.

This government is wrong. It isn't just "oops" wrong. It is "oh-my-God-this-is-going-to-ruin-this-country" wrong. If you want to insure the uninsured, do it! Please! Don't force other people to pay for it.

To the extent all payers bear the burden of non-payers now through pricing, it is the market. It also works.

This plan, the presidency, must be stopped some way, somehow. This Congress must be stopped in its tracks. I'm not at all concerned about Joe Wilson's little hiccup at the dinner table. These calls for propriety and respect and decorum are just more smoke and mirrors to veil the despotic intentions of the Federal Government.

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

The Dems aren't so polite, either

Postby Pastor Gary » September 10th, 2009, 9:49 am

They booed Bush during his State of the Union.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... union.html
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”