No. 19

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

No. 19

Postby pastorables » September 1st, 2009, 4:12 pm

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- No. 19 caught Michelle Duggar by surprise. The 42-year-old mom of 18 noticed that she wasn't losing weight - even though she and husband Jim Bob were on Weight Watchers - and her youngest child, 8-month-old Jordyn-Grace, was fussing while nursing. In the past, she found a fussy infant meant a change in breast milk that came with pregnancy.

So she took a pregnancy test. "And lo and behold, I was just pleasantly surprised that this was positive," Duggar said Tuesday. "I was just jumping up and down going, 'Thank you, Lord. Here am I - 42, thinking my baby days are over - and you've blessed us with another one.'"
Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar live in Tontitown, Ark., and are featured with their family on TLC's "18 Kids and Counting."

The announcement of the Duggars' 19th child comes as their oldest, 21-year-old Josh, is about to become a father himself. Married last year, Josh and Anna Duggar are expecting their first child, a girl, on Oct. 18.
The grandchild - whom Josh and Anna plan to name Mackynzie - will be about five months older than her future aunt or uncle, due March 18.

Michelle Duggar said her health is fine and the pregnancy is going along just like the others - with a decent bout of morning sickness.
"I am just so grateful that I have good health thus far and I'm just enjoying playing with my kids every day," she said. "I don't take that for granted one bit. I still have a lot of energy left."

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.

No, 19

Postby Dr. Ron » September 1st, 2009, 5:38 pm

Caught by surprise? Nope don't buy it....they have done this too many times for them to be shocked....Oh wow....it still works....

I don't really care how many they have...it's their business...but I think they have a baby puke fettish....
Dr. Ron

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Re: No, 19

Postby pastorables » September 1st, 2009, 6:15 pm

Dr. Ron wrote:I don't really care how many they have...it's their business...but I think they have a baby puke fettish....

www.quiverfull.com

The Duggars are one of many families who literally leave the issues of procreation within the hands of God.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » September 2nd, 2009, 1:03 am

I think it is awesome! They are providing for them and nourishing them. that is what is important.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 2nd, 2009, 6:09 am

I fully support the right to do as they see necessary.. but it is ODD.

Leaving procreation in God's hands? His hands?

Seriously.
If I leave my hand in COLD water. I get cold.
If I leave my hand in HOT water. I get burned
If I leave my ____ in _____. I get _______

They are making that choice. Not God.
Stay HANDS OFF and find out what happens!! :lol: :lol:
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 2nd, 2009, 6:28 am

Seriously.
If I leave my hand in COLD water. I get cold.
If I leave my hand in HOT water. I get burned
If I leave my ____ in _____. I get _______

Mac, you just got my vote for the funniest thing ever posted on Jude2, hands down, all other challengers go to the house. :lol:

I'm all for 'em if they can feed 'em, clothe 'em, love 'em, raise 'em right, etc. I'm with MacUser, it is odd. It is also oddly refreshing, at least if the appearance of it is close to the reality of it (which I doubt, because reality shows are anything but). But, the reality of it may be better than even the appearance, so I've got nothing but congratulations for all of them unless we learn later on that they are abused somehow. Being one of 19 is not abuse, though. My friend, former boss and personal physician is one of the youngest among 15 kids. He's a little goofy by some accounts, but he's a believer and he's a decent guy. I know others in that family (born and raised COG, too, btw), and I haven't met any of them yet that I didn't find just pleasant, good-natured, and neighborly.

But, that post ---- tops.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

SBW
Needs a LIFE

Duggars

Postby SBW » September 2nd, 2009, 7:15 am

I think it is great. I believe they are a wonderful family.
SBW

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 2nd, 2009, 9:52 am

dolfan wrote:Mac, you just got my vote for the funniest thing ever posted on Jude2, hands down, all other challengers go to the house. :lol:

:lol: Thanks. I quickly seen that as a key teachable moment...
Chris -

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » September 2nd, 2009, 3:08 pm

MacUser wrote:They are making that choice. Not God.

God didn't create birth control --- man did. That was my point. Some families refuse birth control and still don't have children, and others, like the Duggars, refuse birth control and have their own basketball team. With regards to birth control, it's either placed or removed within God's hands.

Blessings,
pa

Jamais Vu
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby Jamais Vu » September 2nd, 2009, 4:30 pm

pastorables wrote:

God didn't create birth control --- man did. That was my point. Some families refuse birth control and still don't have children, and others, like the Duggars, refuse birth control and have their own basketball team. With regards to birth control, it's either placed or removed within God's hands.

Blessings,
pa

Did God create masturbating?

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 2nd, 2009, 6:00 pm

WOW ! I did NOT see that one comin'. :lol: :shock:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

You mean...

Postby Pastor Gary » September 2nd, 2009, 6:05 pm

Jamais Vu wrote:Did God create masturbating?

You mean non-relational, objectifying sexual activity?
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 2nd, 2009, 6:35 pm

pastorables wrote:

Blessings,
pa

Sure. You are referencing two issues here... but these people with multiple births are fully aware what happens and as a result are not.
Chris -

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » September 3rd, 2009, 12:36 pm

Did God create masturbating?

With regards to birth control, it's either placed or removed within God's hands.

Well in the case of the above I'd say birth control could be in man's hands. :oops:
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » September 3rd, 2009, 3:18 pm

MacUser wrote: but these people with multiple births are fully aware what happens and as a result are not.

They may be aware of the possible outcome, but they still do not have the ultimate say in conception. Only God grants the heritage of children and that's my point. To the contrary, if they were using birth control, the odds of having a large family would be almost null and void. So, in this respect, the Duggar's are leaving conception in God's hands.

pa

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”