Who wants to start a fight?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

RaceRunner
Hall Of Fame

Postby RaceRunner » July 28th, 2009, 5:20 am

dolfan wrote:Wow Racerunner, I suppose all those misbegotten kids in China -where Christianity is flourishing- must only THINK they've been delivered since they have no summer youth camps. But, to their benefit they have you to disabuse you of their notions.

edited to say: Although I only quoted Dolfan in this post....I am talking to EVERYONE in this thread. Not just him. If someone could teach me how to make multiple quotes...that would be great!

Well...she said to "PRETEND TO ARGUE/FIGHT".....so I did....you big doofuses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(However, if those poor, misbegotten kids in China COULD have the freedom to have youth camp...then they would think they were in heaven.) :D :D :D

I just gave ya'll something to chew on so you could and would discuss. Only a flat-out opinionated statement could get ya'll started on a friendly arguement. Didn't ya'll ever write an essay or do a debate at school where they gave a statement and then you had to pick a side of pro or con??? Anybody remember school??? :wink: :shock: :D :D

Now...It's up to ya'll to have fun hashing out the pros & cons of the statement (without attacking me personally, I might add.)

So have fun!!!

(Eager...I'm fully aware of all the alternatives AND the importance of ongoing Youth ministries....so you are CORRECT...and I AM glad you listed them.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, this thread would be a good lesson on how to have a DISCUSSION without personal attacks.

But....If we are going to blame and attack...why not satan??? So there ya go.....Enjoy!
Last edited by RaceRunner on July 28th, 2009, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have to prove God's existance. He's already proven that. I just have to prove that He lives within me.

For the GRACE of God that BRINGETH Salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, DENYING ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should LIVE soberly, righteously, and godly, IN THIS PRESENT WORLD; Titus 2:11-12

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » July 28th, 2009, 5:32 am

Now, RaceRunner ---- you take my barb with a grain of salt, hear? I don't have a quarrel against you. I like you. I know you don't think that summer camp is the end-all, be-all to evangelism. I was trying to gin up a good (friendly) controversy, and yes I was being intentionally smart alecky about it. You can take it as well as you dish it, sister. And, you're pretty good at dishing it, at least on me. I like that.

You've got me pegged pretty good, as well as anyone.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

RaceRunner
Hall Of Fame

Postby RaceRunner » July 28th, 2009, 5:33 am

paul wrote:Sad that youth revivals only happen at camp and not in the local church, and only once a year instead of monthly, weekly and daily.

Duh. :D :D

And we DO have year round revivals (youth or otherwise...and I don't mean the "call in an evangelist to just preach" kind) year round, etc....especially at our church. :D

However, it still doesn't discount the vast importance and impact of Youth Camp (and it's "week-long time away from the world and it's distractions") in youth's lives.

But back to year round schools.

I had my children in public school...private school...and homeschool.

I completely disagree with year round and thought homeschool was much better.
I don't have to prove God's existance. He's already proven that. I just have to prove that He lives within me.

For the GRACE of God that BRINGETH Salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, DENYING ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should LIVE soberly, righteously, and godly, IN THIS PRESENT WORLD; Titus 2:11-12

RaceRunner
Hall Of Fame

Postby RaceRunner » July 28th, 2009, 5:40 am

dolfan wrote:Now, RaceRunner ---- you take my barb with a grain of salt, hear? I don't have a quarrel against you. I like you. I know you don't think that summer camp is the end-all, be-all to evangelism. I was trying to gin up a good (friendly) controversy, and yes I was being intentionally smart alecky about it. You can take it as well as you dish it, sister. And, you're pretty good at dishing it, at least on me. I like that.

You've got me pegged pretty good, as well as anyone.

Hahahahahha! Good post! :applaud:

I wasn't just picking only on you Dolfan...even though I quoted you in that post. Sorry to give that impression. I was talking to everybody. I went back and edited to show that. I don't know how to make multiple quotes on one post.

I can dish it....and.....I CERTAINLY can take it....and thanks for feeling like you can "gin up a good friendly controversy". I don't get angry or upset...so no worries.

I always have to keep "reign" in my smart aleck side......constant struggle... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » July 28th, 2009, 5:56 am

{not in reply to the post immediately above mine, but in general to the thread}

setting out barb's to stick you
taking pot-shots to humiliate you
making claims of your ignorance
argue, argue, argue...
:)
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

darylscook
Hall Of Fame

Can you read?

Postby darylscook » July 28th, 2009, 6:22 am

EagerBeaver wrote:
jessea wrote:My wife has been teaching 19 years in a school which uses the year round schedule, she wouldn't have it any other way...

Careful, according to RaceRunner she's consenting to Satan's assault of the only effective ministry to our youth in America today. :twisted:

WOW! do you read?, in my dictionary "one of the biggest" doesn't mean "only effective" :roll: . I love local revivals and I believe they are very effective but I would have to agree with RR that Youth Camp is one of the biggest youth revivals.

Pastor Daryl
Daryl S. Cook, Senior Pastor
Pearl Church
The Church of God of Prophecy
Pearl, MS

darylscook
Hall Of Fame

Postby darylscook » July 28th, 2009, 6:25 am

paul wrote:Sad that youth revivals only happen at camp and not in the local church, and only once a year instead of monthly, weekly and daily.

again, when did one of the biggest mean the only ones..... :roll:
Daryl S. Cook, Senior Pastor

Pearl Church

The Church of God of Prophecy

Pearl, MS

RaceRunner
Hall Of Fame

Re: Can you read?

Postby RaceRunner » July 28th, 2009, 7:50 am

darylscook wrote:
EagerBeaver wrote:
jessea wrote:My wife has been teaching 19 years in a school which uses the year round schedule, she wouldn't have it any other way...

Careful, according to RaceRunner she's consenting to Satan's assault of the only effective ministry to our youth in America today. :twisted:

WOW! do you read?, in my dictionary "one of the biggest" doesn't mean "only effective" :roll: . I love local revivals and I believe they are very effective but I would have to agree with RR that Youth Camp is one of the biggest youth revivals.

Pastor Daryl

I've always heard great reports coming out Mississippi Youth Camps through the years.

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » July 28th, 2009, 9:15 am

hey jennifer, I think we got a good topic!

free
The 1,000 Club

Postby free » July 28th, 2009, 9:23 am

I've got some fighting words for you...I think Obama is the best president we've ever had! :twisted:
It's harder to kidnap fat people!

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » July 28th, 2009, 9:53 am

Year round school = puke, vomit :fever: #-o :twisted:

Jamais Vu
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby Jamais Vu » July 28th, 2009, 10:14 am

what is so bad about year round school? and what is the difference?

i thought you got the same amount of time off.....just spread out differently. does year round school cause more problems academically? shouldnt teachers make more money in a year round school year?

EagerBeaver
--== J2 ==--

Re: Can you read?

Postby EagerBeaver » July 28th, 2009, 10:26 am

darylscook wrote:WOW! do you read?

Oh yes. I am deep into an unauthorized biography of Earth, Wind & Fire right now. I'll lend it to you sometime if you wanna read it. Great book
Chris Brewer - My Website

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » July 28th, 2009, 10:28 am

teach wrote:hey jennifer, I think we got a good topic!
nuh-uh - you are wrong! :twisted:
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » July 28th, 2009, 11:53 am

The reports I've always heard out of any CoG branch/division, etc. youth camps are that every year the same kids get saved over and over again. If that's revival then woopdy do! :roll:
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”