Page 1 of 2

Obama's 100 days

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 10:17 am
by MacUser
This is a better poll.. do you think Obama has been successful or not in his first 100 days?

Obama's first 100.

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 10:28 am
by Dr. Ron
I can't believe anyone on here thinks he has been successful......AT WHAT?????

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 10:32 am
by dolfan
He has succeeded in making people mad. He's succeeded in making his devotees happy. He has succeeded in several areas that he wanted to succeed in early on, but the nation's worse off.

Re: Obama's 100 days

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 11:54 am
by one love
MacUser wrote:This is a better poll.. do you think Obama has been successful or not in his first 100 days?


oh yeah? :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Obama's first 100.

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 11:56 am
by one love
Dr. Ron wrote:I can't believe anyone on here thinks he has been successful......AT WHAT?????



A lot if you are a democrat! He may not have done things some of us like but as far as being a liberal, YES he has succeeded. Not success to me but to others that vote that way I am sure he is.

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 12:26 pm
by bibleguy
It depends on what your definition of success is. I voted yes.

I think he's been very successful at accomplishing the things that he wanted to accomplish. I agree with Rush, I hope he fails. America's better off the less Obama is able to forward his agenda. Sadly, he has been successful at reducing our international standing, dividing our country and trashing our image, submitting to foreign dictators and apologizing for a country he is ashamed of.

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 12:32 pm
by beckrl
Well, he thought he would come in a give a big stimulus bill and that would get everybody liking him. :roll:

Then you have his personal beliefs that drive his politics :roll:

No!!!!!!! What is his approval rate???

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 5:31 pm
by Paully_44
bibleguy wrote:It depends on what your definition of success is. I voted yes.

I think he's been very successful at accomplishing the things that he wanted to accomplish. I agree with Rush, I hope he fails.


I too voted yes, I think he has succeeded at the things he set out to accomplish. I think, considering the circumstances, he is doing a decent job. Will he get re-elected? Way too soon to even speculate that one. I would never go so far to say I hope he fails though. I didnt care for Bush, but I would never hope our President fails.

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 6:16 pm
by Tim Elston
bibleguy wrote:Sadly, he has been successful at reducing our international standing


Au contraire.

dividing our country


Au contraire.

and trashing our image


Au contraire.

submitting to foreign dictators


Oh, my! Puppet Obama!

and apologizing for a country he is ashamed of.


Apologizing for wrongs. How shameful!

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 6:31 pm
by Tim Elston
Overseer Russell Sullivan had a church in Oregon that had a family that was always complaining about the pastors whom he sent to their church. As the story goes, he appointed my dad to be the pastor and said, If they complain about Brother Elston, I'll know that they are just complainers.

They complained, and complained, and complained, and complained, and complained. They were just complainers.

When my Illinois Senator Barack Obama first entered the presidential race, I thought, Now there's a decent man, disagree with him on some things though I do. If people on Jude 2 scorn him, I'll know that they are just scorners.

They scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned. They are just scorners.

Thankfully, for every handful of complainers, there are always good people around, too.

Which, being interpreted...

Posted: April 23rd, 2009, 6:59 pm
by Pastor Gary
Tim Elston wrote:Thankfully, for every handful of complainers, there are always good people around, too.


Which, being interpreted, means "people who agree with me." :roll:

Posted: April 24th, 2009, 3:39 am
by MacUser
Tim Elston wrote:If they complain about Brother Elston, I'll know that they are just complainers.

They scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned. They are just scorners..


Brother Tim and you complaining here?

Seriously.. You may disagree on ideals... but we disagree on core principles. Take just ONE issue.. hummm.. say infanticide [ infanticide |inˈfantiˌsīd|]? In principle.. If you support killing a baby.. even after it is born from a botched abortion.. and still vote to let it suffer and die alone because the intent of the mother was to kill her offspring. That's a major difference of principle and absolutely nothing I can respect or call decent. As a matter of fact I am disgusted.

So where you see idealistic struggles... WE see painful violations of principle. What happened to you Tim? Do you think your dad would be proud of this?

Posted: April 24th, 2009, 3:47 am
by bibleguy
Barack Obama wrote:We should have every child speaking more than one language. It's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup


Tim Elston wrote:Au Contraire ... Au Contraire ... Au Contraire


At least Tim is doing his part. :wink:

Posted: April 24th, 2009, 6:07 am
by Tim Elston
MacUser wrote:What happened to you Tim? Do you think your dad would be proud of this?


I was raised by my dad. He and my mom both recognize that Barack Obama is a decent man, but they, like me, could not vote for him due to a number of issues, the greatest of which was abortion. My parents managed to instill in me the value of judging people for more than their worst beliefs and to give people due credit for the commendable aspects of their character.

Posted: April 24th, 2009, 6:26 am
by Full Quiver
I was raised by my dad. He and my mom both recognize that Barack Obama is a decent man, but they, like me, could not vote for him due to a number of issues, the greatest of which was abortion. My parents managed to instill in me the value of judging people for more than their worst beliefs and to give people due credit for the commendable aspects of their character.


Tim, you say you could not give this man your vote (so you won't sign off on him for employment) because of his position on abortion ( I commend you by the way for this). However you support him now, think and hope he does a good job, etc. Tim, an abortionist is an abortionist no matter what you title him, what position he holds in life, who loves him, how popular he is, what his race is or is not, how fit and lean or athletic he is, whether he's a good father and husband, etc. He is for the killing of innocent babies and when all is said and done he is what he is.

It's real convenient to say I can't support a candidate based on a position and then support the same person once they're in office even after he uses YOUR tax dollars to fund FORCED, not CHOICE, abortion in countries like China.