Obama's 100 days

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Has Obama been successful in his first 100 days?

Yes
5
23%
No
15
68%
Yes on Economy, no on Foreign Policy
0
No votes
Yes on Foreign Policy, no on Economy
0
No votes
I don't watch political shows
1
5%
Other - see below
1
5%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Obama's 100 days

Postby MacUser » April 23rd, 2009, 10:17 am

This is a better poll.. do you think Obama has been successful or not in his first 100 days?
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.
Posts: 3688
Joined: December 14th, 2004, 10:53 am
Location: USA,Tennessee

Obama's first 100.

Postby Dr. Ron » April 23rd, 2009, 10:28 am

I can't believe anyone on here thinks he has been successful......AT WHAT?????
Dr. Ron

User avatar
dolfan
Established Member
Posts: 8016
Joined: March 17th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Location: USA,Alabama
Contact:

Postby dolfan » April 23rd, 2009, 10:32 am

He has succeeded in making people mad. He's succeeded in making his devotees happy. He has succeeded in several areas that he wanted to succeed in early on, but the nation's worse off.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

one love
Woohoo!
Posts: 3082
Joined: October 23rd, 2007, 12:48 pm
Location: USA,Virginia

Re: Obama's 100 days

Postby one love » April 23rd, 2009, 11:54 am

MacUser wrote:This is a better poll.. do you think Obama has been successful or not in his first 100 days?


oh yeah? :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

one love
Woohoo!
Posts: 3082
Joined: October 23rd, 2007, 12:48 pm
Location: USA,Virginia

Re: Obama's first 100.

Postby one love » April 23rd, 2009, 11:56 am

Dr. Ron wrote:I can't believe anyone on here thinks he has been successful......AT WHAT?????



A lot if you are a democrat! He may not have done things some of us like but as far as being a liberal, YES he has succeeded. Not success to me but to others that vote that way I am sure he is.

User avatar
bibleguy
The J2 500
Posts: 551
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 6:56 am
Location: USA,Oklahoma
Contact:

Postby bibleguy » April 23rd, 2009, 12:26 pm

It depends on what your definition of success is. I voted yes.

I think he's been very successful at accomplishing the things that he wanted to accomplish. I agree with Rush, I hope he fails. America's better off the less Obama is able to forward his agenda. Sadly, he has been successful at reducing our international standing, dividing our country and trashing our image, submitting to foreign dictators and apologizing for a country he is ashamed of.
Get your nose in the Book! Be a Bible Guy Today!

User avatar
beckrl
Woohoo!
Posts: 1229
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 12:17 pm
Location: USA,SouthCarolina

Postby beckrl » April 23rd, 2009, 12:32 pm

Well, he thought he would come in a give a big stimulus bill and that would get everybody liking him. :roll:

Then you have his personal beliefs that drive his politics :roll:

No!!!!!!! What is his approval rate???

User avatar
Paully_44
Established Member
Posts: 7480
Joined: January 30th, 2003, 4:20 am
Location: USA,Washington

Postby Paully_44 » April 23rd, 2009, 5:31 pm

bibleguy wrote:It depends on what your definition of success is. I voted yes.

I think he's been very successful at accomplishing the things that he wanted to accomplish. I agree with Rush, I hope he fails.


I too voted yes, I think he has succeeded at the things he set out to accomplish. I think, considering the circumstances, he is doing a decent job. Will he get re-elected? Way too soon to even speculate that one. I would never go so far to say I hope he fails though. I didnt care for Bush, but I would never hope our President fails.
Let the wild rumpus start!

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » April 23rd, 2009, 6:16 pm

bibleguy wrote:Sadly, he has been successful at reducing our international standing


Au contraire.

dividing our country


Au contraire.

and trashing our image


Au contraire.

submitting to foreign dictators


Oh, my! Puppet Obama!

and apologizing for a country he is ashamed of.


Apologizing for wrongs. How shameful!
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » April 23rd, 2009, 6:31 pm

Overseer Russell Sullivan had a church in Oregon that had a family that was always complaining about the pastors whom he sent to their church. As the story goes, he appointed my dad to be the pastor and said, If they complain about Brother Elston, I'll know that they are just complainers.

They complained, and complained, and complained, and complained, and complained. They were just complainers.

When my Illinois Senator Barack Obama first entered the presidential race, I thought, Now there's a decent man, disagree with him on some things though I do. If people on Jude 2 scorn him, I'll know that they are just scorners.

They scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned. They are just scorners.

Thankfully, for every handful of complainers, there are always good people around, too.
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

User avatar
Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 10475
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 9:03 pm
Location: USA,Hawaii
Contact:

Which, being interpreted...

Postby Pastor Gary » April 23rd, 2009, 6:59 pm

Tim Elston wrote:Thankfully, for every handful of complainers, there are always good people around, too.


Which, being interpreted, means "people who agree with me." :roll:
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

User avatar
MacUser
Established Member
Posts: 6224
Joined: July 13th, 2004, 4:55 am
Location: USA,Mississippi

Postby MacUser » April 24th, 2009, 3:39 am

Tim Elston wrote:If they complain about Brother Elston, I'll know that they are just complainers.

They scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned, and scorned. They are just scorners..


Brother Tim and you complaining here?

Seriously.. You may disagree on ideals... but we disagree on core principles. Take just ONE issue.. hummm.. say infanticide [ infanticide |inˈfantiˌsīd|]? In principle.. If you support killing a baby.. even after it is born from a botched abortion.. and still vote to let it suffer and die alone because the intent of the mother was to kill her offspring. That's a major difference of principle and absolutely nothing I can respect or call decent. As a matter of fact I am disgusted.

So where you see idealistic struggles... WE see painful violations of principle. What happened to you Tim? Do you think your dad would be proud of this?
Chris -



... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!

John 1:29

User avatar
bibleguy
The J2 500
Posts: 551
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 6:56 am
Location: USA,Oklahoma
Contact:

Postby bibleguy » April 24th, 2009, 3:47 am

Barack Obama wrote:We should have every child speaking more than one language. It's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup


Tim Elston wrote:Au Contraire ... Au Contraire ... Au Contraire


At least Tim is doing his part. :wink:
Get your nose in the Book! Be a Bible Guy Today!

User avatar
Tim Elston
Woohoo!
Posts: 1300
Joined: August 7th, 2003, 8:45 pm
Location: Juneau Alaska, USA
Contact:

Postby Tim Elston » April 24th, 2009, 6:07 am

MacUser wrote:What happened to you Tim? Do you think your dad would be proud of this?


I was raised by my dad. He and my mom both recognize that Barack Obama is a decent man, but they, like me, could not vote for him due to a number of issues, the greatest of which was abortion. My parents managed to instill in me the value of judging people for more than their worst beliefs and to give people due credit for the commendable aspects of their character.
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--
Posts: 4632
Joined: June 25th, 2004, 4:34 pm
Location: USA,Tennessee
Contact:

Postby Full Quiver » April 24th, 2009, 6:26 am

I was raised by my dad. He and my mom both recognize that Barack Obama is a decent man, but they, like me, could not vote for him due to a number of issues, the greatest of which was abortion. My parents managed to instill in me the value of judging people for more than their worst beliefs and to give people due credit for the commendable aspects of their character.


Tim, you say you could not give this man your vote (so you won't sign off on him for employment) because of his position on abortion ( I commend you by the way for this). However you support him now, think and hope he does a good job, etc. Tim, an abortionist is an abortionist no matter what you title him, what position he holds in life, who loves him, how popular he is, what his race is or is not, how fit and lean or athletic he is, whether he's a good father and husband, etc. He is for the killing of innocent babies and when all is said and done he is what he is.

It's real convenient to say I can't support a candidate based on a position and then support the same person once they're in office even after he uses YOUR tax dollars to fund FORCED, not CHOICE, abortion in countries like China.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!


Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Login  •  Register