Can I get a witness?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » August 22nd, 2008, 3:00 pm

scooter wrote:
one love wrote:Aww dont take offense the "has beens" is just because you fellowship with us backwood TCOG people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Response: Now I understand he was talking about all the TCoggers! :shock: :lol: 8)

scooter they know about your biker crew they aint going to mess with ya. :wink:

BTW My sister in law saw what they think was yall in murphy. They told me some COGOP motorcycle group came through, I said I know him :lol:

pitts47150
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby pitts47150 » August 22nd, 2008, 4:24 pm

Well here I go, I'll try and say this right. First I want to thank PastorSam and Jennifer for inviting me to come to the Jude 2 meeting a couple of years ago. I never did know there was a place where christians could come together like a family. I know I haven't been a steady person on here and I am a lurker sometimes but It makes me feel good to have a place to go and be with christians. You all have been a blessing to me. Now that i have got to meet some more of you, I'll try and not lurk as much. I feel we all need to pray for this person, Like Deb did. PastorG, Thanks for letting me be on here. I also pray that the Lord speak to this person and make them realize that the words he spoke wasn't right. Words do hurt sometimes, but i have found God truely does heal that kind of hurt to. Thanks everyone for being my friend. Blessings to all
Elsie

The Lord is my light and my salvaion; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 22nd, 2008, 6:25 pm

deb wrote: Not to stir up a hornet’s nest, but I prayed for the leader of the FL revival like this: God, if this isn’t of you, then you know how to put a stop to it. Your thoughts are not are thoughts, and you know how to do that, much better than we can even think. And if it’s not of you and you bring him down, Lord I pray you would touch his heart and bring conviction so that he would confess and you could turn his life around – just like you did for Saul. I pray for the people who have accepted you into their hearts during this revival, that it would stick and not simply be based on a personage but upon the real and living God who is able to save.

I like that you took the time to pray for this, I'm sure that is God's heart as well, deb.
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

TW
Established Member

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby TW » August 23rd, 2008, 3:04 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

So, all you has-beens and wanna-be's, it's time to testify. :lol: There have been several posts here already this week about how different ones have been blessed by their association with this board and its participants, so let's have a major thread, a kind of J2 testimony service.

Can I get a witness?

My response to this statement is threefold. First, this "visible and prominent leader" is entitled to his opinion, however wrong it might be. They are entitled to express it both privately and publicly if they so desire. I have fought for that right before and will fight for it again if needed. They have every right to say stupid stuff.

As for the "has beens and wanna-be's," he is correct. Everybody that I have met in my life is a "has been." We all have been something other than what we are presently. The baby was a fetus, the child was a baby, the teen was a child, the young person was a teen, the elderly were young, the saints were sinners, and so it goes. As we develop both physically and spiritually we grow from what we were into what we are. Most people want to be more than they presently are. If we become complacent and content with what we are we will become stagnant. There will be no growth into what we could become. I ask myself, "Am I everything that God wants me to be?" The answer is, no. So "I want to be" all that God desires for me.

The last portion of my response deals with the attitude displayed by this comment. It seems that this person is overly impressed with titles and positions. This attitude is very similar to the attitude of the clergy, particularly the Papacy during the Dark Ages. They felt that they were the only ones fit to rule and lead the church, everyone else was merely a peasant. Jesus speaks of this in Mark 10:31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

I am honored to be apart of this family of believers.

Your brother in Christ,
Terry Stephen West
Anglo-Saxon Proto-English Manuscripts (995 AD): “God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

My blog - http://theoldman.wordpress.com/

soulsearcher
What's next?

Postby soulsearcher » August 23rd, 2008, 5:20 pm

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: TW

Words of wisdom from a Jude2 brother I greatly admire and respect.

TW, you seem to have a way of saying all the things I want to say but are unable to express.

Which moves me now to ask the "prominent leader" for forgiveness for my original retort of name calling.

And to my Jude2 family, thanks for your warm welcome and hospitality. You individually and collectively bless my life on a daily basis.

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 24th, 2008, 9:01 am

And maybe, like scooter said, he is just a person uncomfortable with fellowshipping on the internet.... :)

In any case, Lord, bless his heart. :)
..I press on to take hold of that

for which Christ took hold of me.

-Phil 3:12

dbserv
Hey, hey, hey

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby dbserv » September 13th, 2008, 10:41 am

TW wrote:My response to this statement is threefold. First, this "visible and prominent leader" is entitled to his opinion, however wrong it might be. They are entitled to express it both privately and publicly if they so desire. I have fought for that right before and will fight for it again if needed. They have every right to say stupid stuff.

As for the "has beens and wanna-be's," he is correct. Everybody that I have met in my life is a "has been." We all have been something other than what we are presently. The baby was a fetus, the child was a baby, the teen was a child, the young person was a teen, the elderly were young, the saints were sinners, and so it goes. As we develop both physically and spiritually we grow from what we were into what we are. Most people want to be more than they presently are. If we become complacent and content with what we are we will become stagnant. There will be no growth into what we could become. I ask myself, "Am I everything that God wants me to be?" The answer is, no. So "I want to be" all that God desires for me.

The last portion of my response deals with the attitude displayed by this comment. It seems that this person is overly impressed with titles and positions. This attitude is very similar to the attitude of the clergy, particularly the Papacy during the Dark Ages. They felt that they were the only ones fit to rule and lead the church, everyone else was merely a peasant. Jesus speaks of this in Mark 10:31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

I am honored to be apart of this family of believers.

Your brother in Christ,
Terry Stephen West

Thank you, TW, for saying it so well. You saved me a lot of thinking and typing. :)

I have been around here since 97 - COGOP board(s), EA 1, 2, etc., and now J2.

This FAMILY has been my support through a daughter's teen pregnancy, a loss of our business (and income) in 98/99 (and now a loss of job), a healing from the legalism scars of my past, a new church home search, several surgeries for Brenda, and on and on and on.

This FAMILY has allowed me to reconnect with friends and others who were blessings during my growing up years (Dr. Ron, SoulSearcher, etc.). Many of these would have never come back into my life without J2. I have only been blessed to be able to meet face to face with a few of you, but look forward to Heaven when we can all wear our J2 pins and arm wrestle with each other!!!

This FAMILY has brought someone into my life who is bringing new blessings to me weekly. I would have heard THE song on AI, but would have NEVER had contact with RH without this FAMILY. Whether he knows it or not, God is using him to bless me.
God Bless You

Dan Bagley

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.

Can I get a witness?

Postby Dr. Ron » September 18th, 2008, 2:44 pm

dbserv,

Thanks for including me and my family in your post. We sometimes think that all we did was lost in the atmosphere........but then you come along and make us feel that "maybe" we did do something a little worth while.

I too have reconnected with some I would not have had I not been "lassoed" into coming here....

Hope we can all be a blessing to you all.......
Dr. Ron

Pastorbps
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Pastorbps » November 13th, 2008, 6:52 am

I has been a wannabe but I'm now a has been who wannabe a wannabe instead of a has been.

deb
Da Bomb!

Postby deb » November 13th, 2008, 6:56 am

Pastorbps wrote:I has been a wannabe but I'm now a has been who wannabe a wannabe instead of a has been.

Dropping a tongue twister on us?

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » November 16th, 2008, 4:00 pm

I guess if he thinks mothers, fathers, workers, poor people, educated people, rich people, teachers, pastors, and overseers are below him, he must be pretty special.
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » December 4th, 2008, 9:41 am

Tim Elston wrote:I guess if he thinks mothers, fathers, workers, poor people, educated people, rich people, teachers, pastors, and overseers are below him, he must be pretty special.

good thought

THE RAzEr
1100 Dalmatians

Postby THE RAzEr » January 26th, 2009, 2:56 am

A list of PROMINENT leaders would be somewhat like a list of PROMINRNT Teachings. They are ueually listed to Exclude others rather than to Include. Exclusivetism is still a PROMINENT thing. And incase anyone is wondering, I am very Inclusive when I make this qbservation.

I have been Exclusive with my remarks about the Exclusive PROMINENT leader. So much that I have been Inclusive in my Exclusivity!

Ray A

THE RAzEr

Hinn may lay an egg, a Dollar may not be worth two cents, ERekA might be a Star in a Top Hat, Copeland-Hagin may be like a can of snuff in some rich dude's back pocket, but I'm still Pentecostal to the bone.

Legacy
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby Legacy » March 31st, 2009, 3:55 pm

That comment was uncalled for. I haven't been around for awhile, but I still consider people here family. You guys have put up with me and helped me through some rough times, thanks to LB for dragging me...I mean introducing me to this place *grins*

No one person has the right or reason to say another one of the Father's creations is any less someone than anybody else. Who is he (or we) to judge what He has created and say that they are wanna-be's and has-been's? Just my opinion.

I have really enjoyed it here. I have made some lasting friendships, even though I haven't been in touch like I would like to be. You guys have encouraged me and made me laugh. I wouldn't trade you guys for anything else.
I don't want to go through the motions. I don't want to go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions. ~ Matthew West "The Motions"

ImaPK
-= J2 =-

Postby ImaPK » August 8th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Yall know my story. :wink: This is the closest thing to a "church family" I have. Though I am a sinner, the times I have asked for your prayers you have given them willingly. When I met several of you at J2 meetings you accepted me as "one of the family". I consider PG as my "pastor". :wink: I have known several of you on here for years and even hung with some of you in my younger days. I grew up listening to the World Challenge Singers at the old Bradley High Auditorium.(remember that one RH?) I'm not shocked by what the individual said, having been around IO more then once. :lol: J2 will survive. :D
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. Author Unknown.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”