Can I get a witness?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

jdavis
Hall Of Fame

Postby jdavis » August 21st, 2008, 4:21 pm

A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

I guess I don't qualify as a "has been" since I have never been in the spotlight. As far as a "wanna-be", thank the Lord he delivered me from that a long time ago. The comment says a lot about him or her, although I can't imagine any prominent woman in leadership saying that.

I watched the business session one day on the internet and Pastor Bill, Pastor Don, and MAT were all at the mike articulating very good points. I was proud! 8) The people that I know on Jude2 care very deeply about the COGOP even the ones that are no longer a part of the denomination. He obviously doesn't know us very well. Those pastors and leader in the COGOP who are members of jude2 are among the best and brightest!

As for what Jude2 has meant to me, it is an extended family that I have gotten to know very well from their comments, discussions and humor. I don't post much so you probably don't know me as well but I feel a part of this community. I have used the BOW to share pastor issues and have gotten sound practical advice that I would not have had otherwise. I have used the prayer page to share important requests and have been given the opportunity to pray for your issues. I have had the opportunity to vent my frustrations concerning the direction the leadership was taking and it helped me to continue in the struggle.

But the best thing I have witnessed is the growth and change of some of the participants over the years and I count myself as one of them.

John

THE RAzEr
1100 Dalmatians

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby THE RAzEr » August 21st, 2008, 4:25 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

So, all you has-beens and wanna-be's, it's time to testify. :lol: There have been several posts here already this week about how different ones have been blessed by their association with this board and its participants, so let's have a major thread, a kind of J2 testimony service.

Can I get a witness?

So this guy has been lurking, or how would he know! Let him get some guts and come out of the closet and say it to our face instead of behind our backs. Of course it want be the first time prominent leaders in prominet places have said hateful , and potential hurtful things about people behind their backs.

One thing for sure I am glad I have not been is a person who thinks of themselves as ARRIVED. So, arrived in fact as to be above association with people who are not in his prominent position. He probably HAS BEEN this way a long time. I for one don't WANNA BE like him.

How about we banter some names around as to who we might think is a prominent person with this kind of attitude. Naa, that would make us like this guy.

Hey Bud, who ever you are come on out and play. Don't hide behind your pious robe and take pot shots!

Ray Ammons

Ray

THE RAzEr

Hinn may lay an egg, a Dollar may not be worth two cents, ERekA might be a Star in a Top Hat, Copeland-Hagin may be like a can of snuff in some rich dude's back pocket, but I'm still Pentecostal to the bone.

Linda
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Linda » August 21st, 2008, 6:26 pm

I've been around a long time, first on the COGOP, then that other nameless place and then Jude2. I can truthfully say, that Jude2 was like a lifesaver for me. While living in TX, my family was very hurt by some experiences at the COGOP we were attending. I had lost all faith in leadership as well as the local body of that church. My family and I had been supporters of Cogop for a long time and now I just felt that the church basically shoved us out in the cold. I felt like no one cared about me or my family. It was a very hard time for us, but through it all, we kept praying for that local body to wake up to the damage they were doing. Then I found Jude2 just before we moved back to TN.

I lurked here for a very long time, and in so doing, found real caring, loving people..fellow believers who would openly discuss ideas and opinions. It was like a refreshing spirit came over my soul! Thank you Pastor Gary for being a wonderful cyber pastor and allowing us to have such a great family. It has been such a pleasure to meet everyone at the gatherings and what fun! I've watched us all grow in the Lord and become better workers for God!

And...as for this person that would say such hurtful things...we say "Bless him Lord"! He just doesn't know what he's missing! :)
Linda

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » August 22nd, 2008, 3:02 am

PG did this person make this comment directly to you, or did you overhear it?

I wonder how rude a person could be to actually say something to you about your board like that, so I am assuming this was a comment overheard, or the person didn't know, then again, I know you shouldn't assume.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

deb
Da Bomb!

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby deb » August 22nd, 2008, 3:06 am

Pastor Gary wrote:A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

So, all you has-beens and wanna-be's, it's time to testify. :lol: There have been several posts here already this week about how different ones have been blessed by their association with this board and its participants, so let's have a major thread, a kind of J2 testimony service.

Can I get a witness?

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » August 22nd, 2008, 3:43 am

Oh I wish I could comment! Some of you are so blessed and don't even know it! LOL! :D
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Direct

Postby Pastor Gary » August 22nd, 2008, 9:55 am

Pastor Bill wrote:PG did this person make this comment directly to you, or did you overhear it?

It was made directly to me, not overheard or second-party hearsay.

Pastor Bill wrote:I wonder how rude a person could be to actually say something to you about your board like that, so I am assuming this was a comment overheard, or the person didn't know, then again, I know you shouldn't assume.

It wasn't said in a mean-spirited tone; it was rather matter-of-fact, and another Jude2-er was with us at the time. I don't think it really was meant as personal insult -- just an honest, if rather negative, opinion.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » August 22nd, 2008, 9:58 am

Do you think it's possible it could have been a straight-faced yet wink-wink nudge-nudge joke?
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Well

Postby Pastor Gary » August 22nd, 2008, 12:01 pm

DeWayneTN wrote:Do you think it's possible it could have been a straight-faced yet wink-wink nudge-nudge joke?

I don't know the leader well enough personally to tell, I suppose.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 22nd, 2008, 12:19 pm

Pastor Gary, are you going to forward any of this on??? :lol: :wink: :)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

deb
Da Bomb!

Postby deb » August 22nd, 2008, 12:25 pm

Don't mean to keep answering for Pastor Gary, but he probably doesn't need to ... the views are over 1100 - they are probably lurkers.

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » August 22nd, 2008, 12:45 pm

I am proud to belong to this forum. You all have made me feel welcome and at home here. When I have asked for prayers they have come even though I have never met any of you (except my brother TW of course). If there was no J2 there would be a void in my life. I value and respect all the thoughts and opinions expressed here, and you challenge me to examine my beliefs, I have learned a great deal from all of you. Thank you PG for providing this forum.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

dawgs10
The 1,000 Club

Postby dawgs10 » August 22nd, 2008, 1:06 pm

not a has been and as you know by some of my statements not a wanna be i want to thank everyone here for putting up with my opinions. i would love to have been at the assembly to see some of you guys in person. thanks for putting up with me but if you guys would fall in line it wouldnt be so hard to read my posts. 8)
Last edited by dawgs10 on August 22nd, 2008, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

one love
Woohoo!

Postby one love » August 22nd, 2008, 1:12 pm

Aww dont take offense the "has beens" is just because you fellowship with us backwood TCOG people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love lurkers who comment in person but obviously visits the site because they know what is on it....
I have got that before on other forums

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Postby scooter » August 22nd, 2008, 1:32 pm

one love wrote:Aww dont take offense the "has beens" is just because you fellowship with us backwood TCOG people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Response: Now I understand he was talking about all the TCoggers! :shock: :lol: 8)
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”