Can I get a witness?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Can I get a witness?

Postby Pastor Gary » August 20th, 2008, 3:25 pm

A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

So, all you has-beens and wanna-be's, it's time to testify. :lol: There have been several posts here already this week about how different ones have been blessed by their association with this board and its participants, so let's have a major thread, a kind of J2 testimony service.

Can I get a witness?
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

PastorDaniel
Hey, hey, hey

Postby PastorDaniel » August 20th, 2008, 3:51 pm

Guess I'm a "wanna-be"...haven't been around long enough to be a "has been" :lol:

I'll say this...I didn't come on here to get noticed...I came on here for fellowship...So I guess I "wanna-be" friends with those of like precious faith!!

I thank all of you for your friendship...and all I "wanna-be" is a servant of the Lord and His people and I hope one day when the Lord looks at my records that He will say "he has been!"

Blessings to all of you wannbes and has beens!
Pastor Daniel :D

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » August 20th, 2008, 3:57 pm

That is an ugly comment.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Postby KBevangelist » August 20th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Very offensive comment by this leader.

I feel blessed to be apart of such a great community of believers.

We are able to freely express our thoughts, concerns, questions and love. To me that should be how the church operates.

I guess this particular leader is afraid of us to call us "has beens and wanna be's"

by the PG, you are a great dictator of this board and I appreciate your kindness in having it up.

KB

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Postby pastorables » August 20th, 2008, 4:10 pm

It's on! :)

Jude2 has been much more than a place to fellowship, make friends, and even relieve stress. :wink: It has been a place to minister and be ministered to. I am thankful for your site, Pastor Gary, and for all the times you've been my pastor in hours of need.

I could share so many wonderful testimony's directly related to Jude2, such as the time Tim (dolfan) and I hooked up to take relief items to Hurricane Katrina victims, or the time I was able to go preach for Chris (poimen). I'm sure if I made a list I would forget many instances.

Thanks for a wonderful community.

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » August 20th, 2008, 4:20 pm

I would like to recall one of Jude 2s greatest moments.

When a young COGOP member and his infant daughter died in a flash flood that washed his vehicle off the interstate THIS COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS sent more aid to his widow THAN AN ENTIRE region of TV viewers did after watching a TV news report.

free
The 1,000 Club

Postby free » August 20th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Give us his initials and a bunch of us has-beens and wanna-bes will take care of him! 8)

This board has blessed me in more ways than I can count...It's community...It's family...It's spiritual help...It feels like home...Maybe he should try it before he makes such negative comments from his ivory tower!
It's harder to kidnap fat people!

Karen
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Karen » August 20th, 2008, 4:49 pm

It sounds like they disregard the scriptures that tell them that they are only servants of the body.

They are really into that "Nicolaitan" system that God hates.

Instead of being willing to get underneath and push the body higher, they think they are the "head" and just don't have time or want to fool with the "so called" has beens or wanna bees.
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Y’shua.

Revelation 22:12-13
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Blessed are those who do His Commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.”

DaJudge
-= J2 =-

Postby DaJudge » August 20th, 2008, 4:50 pm

I'll tell you how it has blessed me. Before I came on as a member 4 years ago (and lurked before that), I honestly had no idea that there were other people in COGOP believed the same things I did about the direction we need to go in as a body (not that all agree on this board!).

For too long we in COGOP had to fear excommunication or being ostracized or held in suspicion if we held any "subversive" beliefs. Jude 2 has played a part in changing that. It lets me know that I'm not alone. And whether Mr. Anonymous COGOP Leader recognizes it or not, Jude 2 has been an incredible agent for change.

Thanks PG.

DaJudge
-= J2 =-

Postby DaJudge » August 20th, 2008, 4:52 pm

BTW, I"m not a "has-beens and wanna-be". I'm a never-will-be and don't-wanna-be. :lol:

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 20th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Man, that makes me mad. But, a soft answer turns away wrath, right?

So, here's my soft answer. This place has been my church, for all intents and purposes, for the better part of a year. Before that, it was a place where I came to terms with the fact that I "had been" in ministry in COGOP and "wanted to be" in ministry again. That question no longer torments me, but without Jude2 I'm not so sure I could say that.

Most importantly, though, although I've only met a few of you in person and a few more by telephone and email, it seems like I know you all. And, I don't give a royal rip what some holier-than-thou self-important person may say about Jude2, the people here are real and genuine. Not "has beens", but certainly "wanna bes". To the person, I've seen people here "wanna be" like Christ, I've seen some "wanna be" loved and accepted, I've seen some "wanna be" taken honestly with respect, I've seen some "wanna be" listened to, I've seen some "wanna be" left alone even, I've seen some "wanna be" better students and followers of the Way, I've seen some "wanna be" just about everything under the sun, and I've seen most of them get what they want in some degree or fashion. Now, if that ain't ministry, tell me what is.

I've seen some have beens, too. How many times I've clicked on the Prayer and Praise forum and seen people say "I have been praying for you." I got a PM from someone today who detected some cynicism in my posts and took the time and consideration to kindly ask me if I was alright. HA! Nobody else in my circle of friends and family has picked up on it. :lol: He said, in a word, "I have been thinking about you."

Yup. Has beens and wanna bes. Good company to be in if you ask me.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby Paully_44 » August 20th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Pastor Gary wrote:A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

well, since i have never held a title I cant be a has-been. I have absolutely no desire to be the one up in front of a crowd or sitting on the platform so I am definately no wanna-be. I like it here. I like to hang out with a diverse group of people, hear different opinions, laugh and occassionally contemplate my stance on different issues. To me, that is much better than just toe-ing the line and looking to the past.

Thank you PG for this place. The IA was great for me this year, because I finally know different people from around the nation that I could sit and talk to.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

leader my....

Postby Full Quiver » August 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me

If this person is a leader in the CoGoP then the CoGoP IS headed in the wrong direction based on what you have shared Gary and I would propose that you all jump ship.
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Re: leader my....

Postby Pastor Gary » August 20th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Full Quiver wrote:
A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me

If this person is a leader in the CoGoP then the CoGoP IS headed in the wrong direction based on what you have shared Gary and I would propose that you all jump ship.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would never jump off this good ship... did you read my post This Wonderful Family? The opinion of one leader is just that: an opinion.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Martha » August 20th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Sounds like the green eyed monster is alive and well. This person didn't start Jude2 and can't control it so he has to put it down in order to feel good about himself.

As to being a "has been" I'm guilty. I "has been" a church musician, worship leader, chior director, childrens church director, teacher, and the list goes on and on. So, I guess I'm as "has been." :lol:

"Wanna be?" Absolutely! I want to be the best follower of Jesus that I can possibly be.

Jude2 has given me friends in COGOP when others turned the back on me. Thank you Gary for all you do with this board. It has been a major blessing for me.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”