Can I get a witness?

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » August 20th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Gary I was being facetious. My point is that he probably is not a leader. 8)
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » August 20th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Jude 2 is my water cooler. Since getting laid off from corporate america in 2001 Jude2 is where I get fellowship.

Something to make you go UMM...

How does that leader know there are "Has Beens and Wannabees" on Jude2 if he/she does not LURK>?????
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

paul
I can see clearly now!

Postby paul » August 20th, 2008, 7:23 pm

I guess that I would qualify as a "has been"

has been blessed with Jude 2
has been blessed in ministry
has been blessed with knowing PG for many years now
has been blessed with meeting several other on this forum
has been blessed to see how this small forum family is there for one another in times of crisis and need.
Yes i is a has been.
You cannot effectively love and minister to others when you are obsessed with protecting
and preserving yourself.

Shellie
Site Admin

Postby Shellie » August 21st, 2008, 12:51 am

I "has been" around a long time on Jude 2 and back a couple of boards before that.

Someone sharing their obviously ignorant opinion of Jude 2 is proof that Jude 2 is alive and well. Almost like an athiest that says there is no God. Why spend all your time arguing with Him then? :lol:

When my cousin and his baby daughter were killed in an accident, (as mentioned by Gerald), Jude 2 made the Red Cross look like child's play.

When my daughter was called to Indonesia on a mission trip, Jude 2 supplied the majority of the THOUSANDS of dollars that she needed to go.

When my daughter did something really stupid, Jude 2 people contacted her and counseled with her and just loved on her.

When my daughter graduated with honors from school, Jude 2 people encouraged, uplifted, and cheered her on.

When my son said something funny at school, Jude 2 people shared in the laughter.

Jude 2 has been a part of my family for several years. They know me, my husband, my children, and even my dog.

At some of the most joyous times in my life, Jude 2 has bombarded me with emails, PM's, and telephone calls to share in my elation.

At some of the most hurtful times in my life, Jude 2 has bombarded me with emails, PM's, and telephone calls to tell me to scoot over and make room for them in my fox hole.

Stay up there in your tower, O Royal Leader of CogoP....I'll remain down here with the peasants who know what true love and ministry is all about.
There never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Penny
I can see clearly now!

Postby Penny » August 21st, 2008, 1:43 am

I am very thankful for Jude2.

When my mom died, you guys were there to help me though that horrible time. Those prayers were felt.

When my nephew got murdered last year, You guys were here again lifting me and my family up. I know with out one doubt those prayers helped us get though that time.

When Joseph got sick In April with a unknown thing, Your prayers helped us get to the right dr, to find out what was going on.

Countless time in between, when my kids have new photos I share.. When they do well in band I share..

When I had issues with my daughter school Some of the teachers here sent me some advice.

When I had a problem at church camp, An State overseer (not mine) told me how I should handle that, and doing it the way he said, I know made things turn out much better.

If It was not for Jude2, I would not be at the church I am today. I would have never worked camp. It was at Jude2 I was encouraged to try to work camp.

It was here that I was encouraged to try the church I am now at.

I look to Jude2 as part of my family.. And I am so glad you are around when I need you.

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Postby jinjer » August 21st, 2008, 2:29 am

Jude2 and its predecessors have been with me through so much.

I have made contact and renewed relationships with old friends.

I have made life-long new friends!!

A place was created here for me to share my deepest concerns, problems and thoughts in a private way, with prayer warriors and counselors not gossipers.

Several of my closest friends on here hold my deepest secrets, only my husband knows more.

This family was there for me through miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, my fathers stroke, rehabilitation and death; several surgeries, my career endeavors, Master's degree, and many many decisions.

Several on here have given me advice personally and professionally.

I have found a legal counselor, a pastor, and many friends and family.

My life would not be this rich without you guys.

Love,
Jinjer

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 21st, 2008, 3:54 am

I think being a "big fish" in a "small pond" can really go to some people's heads... which is pretty silly if you think about it!... :)

Jude2 people were here for us when our family weathered Hurricane Charlie and were brand-new to an unfriendly, backwards town torn up by the hurricane. That touched my heart more than all of you will ever know. We knew that God and you all were "for us" even though we had left our close friends in Palm City behind us to go forward with what we felt God wanted us to do...

At other times, you all have been with us in prayer and supported and encouraged us and welcomed us into CoGoP as we were new to this organization and we often felt like "fish" out of water...:) Others who went against the "flow" were supportive to us as well, and we were "in this" together.

I don't worry for one minute about a person's opinion... I can never feel like a has been or wanna-be, as long as I am doing what I feel God wants me to do with my life. It isn't about a position; it is God who promotes, knowing what we can handle at each phase of our lives.. and every "part" of the Body of Christ is vitally important as we fulfill our callings.

Feel free to forward this on, Pastor Gary...!

:D
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.

Can I get a witness?

Postby Dr. Ron » August 21st, 2008, 4:17 am

Guilty on all counts! :lol: :lol:

Having BEEN a "highly visiable " and promenent leader in COGOP, and having stepped down from that lofty place, and having been kicked to the curb, it was doubtful that I would have given much time to anything remotely affiliated with COGOP.

I will not bore you with details, but my family and I went through a seven year "time in hell". We have been humiliated and scorned and talked about.

I went through the death of my sister whom I loved with a passion....I am still hurting over that.

I came to this site, because a friend who knew ALL the details of my "demise" encouraged me to. He still calls me his hero.

You have allowed me to use my sarcasm, my perspective (not always appreciated, but allowed) as one who is a bone fide "has-been", and my opinion (based on experience) whether you agree or not.....I am allowed.

This has been the ONLY reaching out that I have experienced from the COGOP since I left. I get upset with some of you, I laugh at some of your positions (recalling when I was young and idealistic).I pray for all of you not to fall into the trap of "ladder climbing". I enjoy my regular visits with you. I pray for your trials. I rejoice in your successes.....and I kick your butt in the OTB series!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many of you I have not met....except here. I hope it has been as pleasant for you as it has (generally) for me.

Remember, one day you will all be a has been. Don't sweat it.....Follow my lead on this one......Perform for an audience of ONE! THE ONLY ONE!

Thanks J2 for some great times ...............
Dr. Ron

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 21st, 2008, 4:18 am

I said to the boastful, 'Do not deal boastfully,' And to the wicked, 'Do not lift up the horn. 5 Do not lift up your horn on high; Do not speak with a stiff neck.' "

6 For exaltation comes neither from the east Nor from the west nor from the south. 7 But God is the Judge: He puts down one, And exalts another.

Psalm 75:4-7

Thought this passage was relevant to the discussion as well.
..I press on to take hold of that

for which Christ took hold of me.

-Phil 3:12

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » August 21st, 2008, 4:29 am

Jude 2 has been with me from my days as a Pharisee to my days as a Samaritan whence I have found grace in the eyes of God. That is more than I can say for my family, many of my friends, and especially my former church affiliation. :D
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 21st, 2008, 4:35 am

Reading these stories and testimonies and recollections brought to my mind a scripture about God binding up wounds. Here it is:

Psalm 147:2-6

2The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.
3He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
4He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
5Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
6The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.

God gathers together the "has-beens" and "wanna-bes". He heals broken hearts and binds up their wounds. He uses people to do that. He knows each name and every little detail, and He uses each little person among the has-beens to demonstrate His presence. He lifts up the meek. Again, He uses people to do that with one another, as these testimonies demonstrate over and again. He also casts the wicked down to the ground. We've seen our own selves at times stumble over our own wickedness, and those we love, too. But, I don't think anyone who sticks around here tolerates very well the attitude of I'm-better-'n-you (and, from what I've seen, when that trait appears, it gets jumped on pretty fast :lol: ). I've seen patient hope for others lived out here. And, where being here has been a "bother", we've all seen people check out. I hope that this guy/leader reads these testimonies and understands that what he dismisses about Jude2 is very much more important than his own attitude and opinion of it, and exceedingly more so than the need to have his attitude and opinion about it heard.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Dr. Ron
I like flapjacks.

Can I get a witness?

Postby Dr. Ron » August 21st, 2008, 4:39 am

You know, I could tell him......"you might not be as important as you think"

But then that would not be the true spirit of J2!
Dr. Ron

soulsearcher
What's next?

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby soulsearcher » August 21st, 2008, 4:46 am

Pastor Gary wrote:A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

Since it's the "name-calling" game, here's a comment from the #1 has-been on the block:

Shhhhhh. Let's not spoil it for him, the "never-was." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by soulsearcher on August 21st, 2008, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

fezzik
Needs Decaf

Postby fezzik » August 21st, 2008, 4:50 am

DaJudge wrote:
For too long we in COGOP had to fear excommunication or being ostracized or held in suspicion if we held any "subversive" beliefs. Jude 2 has played a part in changing that. It lets me know that I'm not alone. And whether Mr. Anonymous COGOP Leader recognizes it or not, Jude 2 has been an incredible agent for change.

Amen to that. Amen.
"People are strange. They want the front of the bus, back of the church and the center of attention."
John Hamby

fezzik
Needs Decaf

Re: Can I get a witness?

Postby fezzik » August 21st, 2008, 5:14 am

Pastor Gary wrote:A visible and prominent leader in COGOP told me, to my face, during the Assembly that he never bothered with Jude2 because in his opinion "it's just a bunch of has-beens and wanna-be's."

First off, this kind of attitude and opinion is a lot of what was and is wrong with the cogop. Closed minds, narrow or no vision....I'm going to get my blood pressure up again if I keep going.

This message board is a great resource for open discussion on everything from outreach to raising children...even sports, entertainment & laughs. It's a group of people who will pray for you on anything you need. It's a group of people with a variety of backgrounds, careers, church leadership positions & people who love Jesus and want to follow Him. There are fewer denominational walls here than in a 'real' church. It's much more of a real church than many of the cogop congregations of which I have been a part.

For those that don't want to accept this medium, be careful looking down at your feet to make sure you are still standing in the proper place because the train for glory may be moving on down the track.

Thank you to the site creator and all those who maintain it daily.
"People are strange. They want the front of the bus, back of the church and the center of attention."

John Hamby

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”