Todd Bentley files for separation from his wife

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » August 13th, 2008, 2:17 pm

Shellie I fixed the spelling error (in the title)... it was bugging me too! :)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

panhandler

Postby panhandler » August 13th, 2008, 4:21 pm

My point is simply to point out how much venom and hatred seems to pour from Gerald's keyboard.

I can have an opinion too!
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » August 13th, 2008, 4:24 pm

panhandler wrote:My point is simply to point out how much venom and hatred seems to pour from Gerald's keyboard.

I can have an opinion too!

Are you judging me as "hating" cause I am assailing your heroes?

panhandler

Postby panhandler » August 13th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Man, what makes you think they are my heroes??? THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will never find a post from me supporting them! I am simply trying to get you to look at the way you judge people with what I think evidences pure vile. I scares me for your heart.

How does that make you okay?

I know that I am spitting in the wind as you continue day after day and week after week to tear down anything that is not ....... ( I cannot actually find anything that you do build up or like so I am at a loss).
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

deb
Da Bomb!

Life After Lakeland: Sorting Out the Confusion

Postby deb » August 14th, 2008, 2:03 am

http://fireinmybones.com/

Good article written by J.Lee Grady, editor of Charisma

Todd Bentley’s announcement that his marriage is ending has thrown our movement into a tailspin—and questions need to be answered.

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » August 14th, 2008, 2:53 am

panhandler wrote: I am simply trying to get you to look at the way you judge people with what I think evidences pure vile. I scares me for your heart.

How does that make you okay?

I know that I am spitting in the wind as you continue day after day and week after week to tear down anything that is not ....... ( I cannot actually find anything that you do build up or like so I am at a loss).

PERHAPS you can answer a question:

WHY should a Person who Preaches Jesus was NOT GOD, NOT be torn down?

Why should a person that repackages the occult with a little twisted Scripture not be stopped?

Why should a person who obviously lies about their supernatural God experiences NOT be exposed?

Should we accept these people with a smile and a contribution?

panhandler

Postby panhandler » August 14th, 2008, 3:38 am

Let me ask you a few:

If God hates divorce, why should we as Christians rejoice when we see ANYONE divorce?

Who appointed you to be the judge over any man? We are instructed in The Word to admonish, pray for (have you at all?), instruct, (have you contacted these "ministries'?), but we are not called to be their judges or their executioners.

Mainly what made me jump in is your attack on Paul. Paul continually shows his heart for God and simply shares his experiences and work on a CHRISTIAN board. I don't know Paul anymore than I know Copeland etc. but I see his heart in his posts and you attack him (and me and you know I love you) and call him names for asking you as question.

Gerald, if you can question others you must bear up to the questions yourself without attacking. I doubt many, if any, people on here have contributed to any of these fringe ministries but I would bet that many here cringe when they see your venom spew. If that is not true it is a sad thing. I am trying to get you to look at HOW you are coming across to others, NOT defending people that I do not support either.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » August 14th, 2008, 3:54 am

Panhandler, first, please accept my apologies for butting in. It's just that I wanted to tell you what I think. :lol: :lol:

When I read Gerald and Paul's exchanges, I don't see hate. Now, maybe I'm looking through rose-colored glasses, I don't know. But, I see these guys as two sides of the same coin. Different sides, yeah, but same coin.

They both love the truth, I'm convinced. Gerald loves it so much he's willing to stand and say he doesn't care what anyone thinks about what he thinks or about what anyone else thinks, and that --- dadgum it --- the truth is the truth and we shouldn't yield to personality worship to get around it. In the end, for Gerald, it is about people knowing the truth and doing it. And, the bible tells us that's the whole duty of man, right?

Paul loves it so much that he's willing to stand and say he does care about what people think, about their eternal destiny, and about where everyone around him is headed, and that --- dadgum it --- the truth is that there's a lost world going to hell around him and there's too much rescuing to do to stop and defend truth based on whether personalities are worshipped by whoever. In the end, for Paul, it is about people knowing the truth and doing it. Whole duty of man.

These different approaches are going to cause these two very different men to give or not give certain benefits of doubt. I tend, as is my personality, to be more consistent with Gerald's ways. Do they get sideways with each other? Yup. Personally, I don't think all that much about it. Paul's getting it done where he is, and that's more than I can say for me. Gerald's not yielding to lies, and he's doing what is necessary --- indeed, I think a calling --- to state the truth against lies and those who tell them. I "listen" to them both.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

panhandler

Postby panhandler » August 14th, 2008, 4:05 am

OK, I can see that. I get riled up when I see anyone attack another brother and I definatly see Paul as that. If others (and he himself) do not feel that Gerald is trying to destroy then I will take another look at it. I love Gerald and have known and loved he and his family since my childhood. I am concerned for him standing in judgement being judged with the same harshness that I perceive from him as the Word says. Maybe my perception is incorrect. I will accept that.

deb
Da Bomb!

Postby deb » August 14th, 2008, 4:07 am

Excellent post dolfan :applaud:

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » August 14th, 2008, 4:15 am

Oh boy! LOL! Well......................

We are instructed in The Word to admonish, pray for (have you at all?), instruct, (have you contacted these "ministries'?), but we are not called to be their judges or their executioners.

You forgot that we are instructed to rebuke! And we are called to judge! Doesn't the Bible say that you'll know them by their fruits? :wink:
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

panhandler

Postby panhandler » August 14th, 2008, 4:33 am

stevenson wrote:Oh boy! LOL! Well......................

We are instructed in The Word to admonish, pray for (have you at all?), instruct, (have you contacted these "ministries'?), but we are not called to be their judges or their executioners.

You forgot that we are instructed to rebuke! And we are called to judge! Doesn't the Bible say that you'll know them by their fruits? :wink:
My point exactly.... we are allowed to judge...but "with what judgement we judge, we SHALL BE JUDGED, and with what measure we meet...." I want Gerald to be judged with a right judgement, not a destroying, mean one.

We are instructed to rebuke. We are to go to one in a one on one situation first, then if not received, go with another, then if not received go to the church. Have these Biblical steps been followed here? God's Word makes no alllowances for Christians destroying others on message boards. IMHO

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » August 14th, 2008, 5:22 am

Thank you Dolfan.

Panhandler, perhaps my frustration stems from the fact I have been asking these questions over and over and over again and no one ever ANSWERS.

WHY is it OKAY to Preach Jesus isnt God?
But YOU are?
WHY is it okay to preach Modalism and deny the trinity?
WHY is it Okay to preach God is a man?
WHY is it okay to preach God has surrendered his power to YOUR fleshly tounge?
WHY is it okay to blend occultic principles with twisted scripture?
Why is it okay to preach -essentialy- He was wounded for our transactions and bruised for our equitys?
WHY is it okay to prohecy FALSELY?
WHY is it okay to claim healings and raised from the dead when there is no Proof?
WHY is it OKAY to be spirit filled AND demon possessed at the same time?

ALL of these ideas are in the arena of Pentecostalism.
MANY of them by PROMINENT Pentecostals.
MANY of them are so prevelant they are almost indelible BECOMING Pentecostalism.

WHY is it okay?
Why is it okay with you?
Why is it okay with your pastor?
Why is it okay with District and state overseers.

I want to know why.

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » August 14th, 2008, 5:22 am

Gerald, are you hiding a divorce we don't know about? LOL! If not...judge away!

Love ya man! :D

Panhandler, Love ya too! :wink:
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » August 14th, 2008, 5:24 am

stevenson wrote:Gerald, are you hiding a divorce we don't know about? LOL! If not...judge away!

Love ya man! :D

Panhandler, Love ya too! :wink:

You know I had divorce thrust upon me by a dope smoking, mutliple adulteress bipolar psycho.

From my position Bentley has it easy. I doubt he'll be left 130 thousand in debt.

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”