Jude 2 Gatherings at 2008 International General Assembly

A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

KBevangelist
Hey, hey, hey

Postby KBevangelist » July 20th, 2008, 5:59 pm

We will try for the one Wednesday at Jack's for sure.

KB (count my wife in that too)

pastorsa1
Needs Decaf

Postby pastorsa1 » July 26th, 2008, 6:19 pm

I plan to meet at Jacks Wednesday

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » August 1st, 2008, 1:04 am

I hope to be there Friday night, maybe Saturday as well.
Probably just me, myself, and I. :lol:
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

Linda
Hey, hey, hey

UPDATES!

Postby Linda » August 6th, 2008, 6:40 pm

Final updates were made today to make sure our "gathering" places would be ready for us....all are ready! :D

Good to see all those that will get to attend and sorry to see those of you that won't make it this year...you all will be greatly missed.

Just so everyone knows...it is ok to bring families with you to these gatherings...the more the merrier!

See everyone Wednesday at our first gathering - Jack's BBQ!
Linda

Jeremy Gault
Respect my authoritei!

Postby Jeremy Gault » August 9th, 2008, 3:13 pm

It's final ... room reservations have been made (as of an hour ago) for Friday night! We'll be there at the gathering Friday night. I'm making a special trip to Nashville for this so you guys better all be there!

I was originally coming Saturday, but I have to be in Huntsville, Alabama that day, so Friday night it is.

See you all there. (Gary, hint hint...)

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Martha » August 9th, 2008, 6:06 pm

I was originally coming Saturday, but I have to be in Huntsville, Alabama that day, so Friday night it is.

See you all there. (Gary, hint hint...)[/quote]

So, let me guess, you will be in Huntsville for the Hamfest. Right? I work part time for the Convention and Visitors Bureau. I worked the Hamfest last year but decided to go the IA instead this year. If this is indeed why you will be in Huntsville, be sure and see the ladies at the Huntsville Table. Tell them Martha Maddox said stop by and see them. They are a wealth of information about Huntsville. Sorry I could not be here in Huntsville to officially greet you but will see you at the Friday Jude2 gathering.

Hope your visit to Huntsville is enjoyable.

Jeremy Gault
Respect my authoritei!

Postby Jeremy Gault » August 10th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Martha wrote:So, let me guess, you will be in Huntsville for the Hamfest. Right? I work part time for the Convention and Visitors Bureau. I worked the Hamfest last year but decided to go the IA instead this year. If this is indeed why you will be in Huntsville, be sure and see the ladies at the Huntsville Table. Tell them Martha Maddox said stop by and see them. They are a wealth of information about Huntsville. Sorry I could not be here in Huntsville to officially greet you but will see you at the Friday Jude2 gathering.

Hope your visit to Huntsville is enjoyable.

Exactly. I wanted to do both, so I ended up doing the Jude 2 gathering on Friday, and the hamfest on Saturday. Speaking of which, two things:

First, how long does it take to drive from Nashville to Huntsville? Is two hours about right? (That's what some places have told me.)

Second, does WN4HUX ring a bell?

-Jeremy (KD4NED)

Martha
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Martha » August 10th, 2008, 2:43 pm

First, how long does it take to drive from Nashville to Huntsville? Is two hours about right? (That's what some places have told me.)

Second, does WN4HUX ring a bell?

-Jeremy (KD4NED)[/quote]

Two hours is about right. Traffic shouldn't be bad on Saturday morning.

WN4HUX? Sorry, I don't know about that. I heard so many call letters last year that eventually they all just ran together in my head. I met so many wonderful people from all over the country. I was treated great by everyone. Ham operators are truly an awesome group of people. I didn't know the extent of involvement in disasters until last year. You guy rock!

If you come back to Huntsville next year maybe I'll be able to work with y'all again.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » August 10th, 2008, 3:06 pm

We're here (In Nashville that is) we're at the Crestwood suites in Madison. Anyone around and want to get together, my cell is on the church website.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

free
The 1,000 Club

Postby free » August 11th, 2008, 3:12 am

Got in last night around 10:00 PM at the Renaissance...Asked for a room upgrade with my Marriot rewards card...They put me on the 25th floor club level...What a view! I wish my family were here to share it with me. :(

Now I've gotta find a Wal-Mart to stock up!! :D
It's harder to kidnap fat people!

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

Good for you

Postby Pastor Gary » August 11th, 2008, 6:07 am

free wrote:Got in last night around 10:00 PM at the Renaissance...Asked for a room upgrade with my Marriot rewards card...They put me on the 25th floor club level...What a view! I wish my family were here to share it with me. :(

Now I've gotta find a Wal-Mart to stock up!! :D

You did good. I was on 25 last Assembly and that Concierge Lounge has great perks. I asked for an upgrade this year and was denied! LOL
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

free
The 1,000 Club

Postby free » August 11th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Free food is always good! :wink:
It's harder to kidnap fat people!

Jeremy Gault
Respect my authoritei!

Postby Jeremy Gault » August 12th, 2008, 7:16 am

Martha wrote:Two hours is about right. Traffic shouldn't be bad on Saturday morning.

Good! I think it actually takes longer than that to drive from Cleveland to Huntsville. Maybe not much longer, but it does.

Martha wrote:WN4HUX? Sorry, I don't know about that. I heard so many call letters last year that eventually they all just ran together in my head. I met so many wonderful people from all over the country. I was treated great by everyone. Ham operators are truly an awesome group of people. I didn't know the extent of involvement in disasters until last year. You guy rock!

If you come back to Huntsville next year maybe I'll be able to work with y'all again.

One of the hams there in Huntsville. Yeah, they can get confusing pretty quickly. You need to get your ham license so you can talk to us all on the radio. :) I'm involved in our local ACS group which does disaster response, etc.

I guess it keeps me out of trouble. :)

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Big River Grille, correct?

Postby Full Quiver » August 12th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Is the Friday night event still on schedule?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » August 13th, 2008, 4:20 am

Yall please take lots of pics. I will miss seeing everybody!
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Return to “Jude 2 General Discussion Forum”