Puppet Ministry

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Puppet Ministry

Postby Pastor Bill » February 2nd, 2010, 6:37 am

We have a puppet ministry starting up at our church, and they are starting with 3 puppets, if anyone has puppets or puppet ministry resources that are sitting around taking up space you want to get rid of let me know!

Also if you have suggestions of websites or resources that I can pass along that would help too.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » February 13th, 2010, 1:20 pm

That is exciting! I do have one puppet and I will check with his owner and see if he is ready to give him up yet. Have a ball, your enthusiasm will be catching.
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » May 12th, 2010, 5:02 am

Well things were going well, but the man who started this is a church hopper, and he hopped on out, taking the puppets with him (he had purchased them himself) Now we have a group of kids who were doing great with it, and excited about it, and no puppets for them to use. If ANYONE has some not being used, or knows of a good place to purchase them, please let me know.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."

-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Pianoman
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby Pianoman » September 21st, 2010, 4:52 pm

Just in case anyone else is looking for puppet info - they aren't too hard to make if you can find a pattern book. I had one at one time & moved and can't find it now. :-(

We made a whole set of them for our church. You use the same basic pattern - but change the hair, etc. to get them to suit your need. If you've got someone at your church that can sew - they are a piece of cake. We had a group of young people that had begginers sewing in Home Ec and did a decent job putting them together.

I did a web search & these look similar to the pattern books we had:

http://www.letusteachkids.com/puppets/puppetpatterns.htm

http://biblepuppet.com/
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”