Need help with an illustration

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

Gerald Creasy

Need help with an illustration

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 21st, 2009, 11:56 am

I am needing help with an illustration.

I have one example of what I am searching for but before I give it, allow me to explain what I am after.

I am looking for a common story, one that many if not most would be aware of to some degree. Then using this story I would flip a certain principle or factor of That story for emphasis of a certain theme or idea.

Perhaps it is easier if I give a simplistic example:

There was a man named Robin Hood, he robbed from the POOR and gave to the RICH.

In this flipped version Robin Hood we see that Robin Hood is corrupt. He oppresses the poor and coddles the rich.

Can you think of any other common tale that could be inverted to illustrate something DIFFERENT about one of the stories factors?????

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Maybe

Postby scooter » January 21st, 2009, 5:19 pm

I'm just thinking out loud but, Maybe if you flip chicken little he could be an encourager?
What we need here is a good revival! lol

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » January 22nd, 2009, 11:33 am

Thanks for responding. That's kind of what I'm looking for though I think if Chicken little is flipped, it wouldnt be "Oh the Sky is falling" it would be "oh an acorn fell on my head" and there would be no story.

Let me try again to illustrate:

Little Red Riding Hood visits her grandmother, she DOES NOT notice her grand mothers big ears, eyes, etc etc. And she gets eaten.

Led Red in this flip was NOT observant.

Am I making any sense???

scooter
--== J2 ==--

Postby scooter » January 28th, 2009, 3:46 am

Gerald Creasy wrote:Thanks for responding. That's kind of what I'm looking for though I think if Chicken little is flipped, it wouldnt be "Oh the Sky is falling" it would be "oh an acorn fell on my head" and there would be no story.

Let me try again to illustrate:

Little Red Riding Hood visits her grandmother, she DOES NOT notice her grand mothers big ears, eyes, etc etc. And she gets eaten.

Led Red in this flip was NOT observant.

Am I making any sense???

Response: Yes.

scooter
--== J2 ==--

How about?

Postby scooter » January 28th, 2009, 4:15 am

How about if the little train that could was a pessimist! I don't think I can.

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”