Pastoral Input

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

Poimen
What's next?

Pastoral Input

Postby Poimen » September 10th, 2008, 7:54 pm

To those of you who are and/or have been pastors...

I have been charged by the conference with drafting a general letter of restoration to be mailed to our inactive (read as "virtually non existant") members. Thde letter is to also serve as a notice that in the evnt resotartion is not effected that fellowship will be withdrawn and their membership revoked.

I have the intial draft ready, and have attached it below. I welcome your input, reflections, and advice -- pro or con.

Thank you in advance for your aid my fellow servants.
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Re: Pastoral Input

Postby pastorables » September 11th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Poimen wrote: in the evnt resotartion is not effected

What is resotartion? 8) :wink:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » September 12th, 2008, 6:02 am

Okay, after some feedback from other pastors, here is the condensed 2nd draft. Any thoughts?

A few inactive members are not receiving this letter yet, as we felt they needed to be worked with longer yet, and see hope of actual restoration. To the rest this is a last ditch effort to see them restored or to withdraw fellowship.

Dear Member,

Greetings and well wishes from Christway Church in Adamsville!

I am writing to tell you how much we miss you. We'd love to see your renewed participation at Christway. We fully understand that many things can be a barrier to involvement, and we want you to know that we can relate...and we care. We'd love to reestablish a strong relationship with you and your family, and encourage you to call us at any time.

It might be that you have found another Bible-believing church to attend? If so, we are thrilled for you! We're all part of the one true church, His church, after all.

In any case, so that we can be good stewards of the records here at Christway, would you be so kind as to send, or, preferably, have the clerk of your present church to send, a request for a transfer of membership? Or if you’ve already joined there, if they could send us a letter of confirmation to that fact it would be greatly appreciated. This will enable us to bring our records up to date and show diligence in the work of the Lord given to our care.

Most importantly, we hope that you are still living faithfully for the Lord. If not, may I urge you to turn back to Jesus? Simply confess and repent of your sin. By doing so, we are assured Jesus is "faithful and just to forgive us our sin, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." It really is that simple! And know that you can always contact us if you wish to discuss this matter, or need prayer. Always.

In any case, to update our records, we are providing you with 30 days to respond. If at that time we have not heard from you regarding your intentions, or you have not resumed attending Christway, we will understand that to mean that you approve of your removal from membership at Christway Independent Church in Adamsville, Alabama.

Whatever your decision, please know that we wish you well and have appreciated your role and support of Christway in times past.

In Christian Love and Meekness,
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

"I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong." -- The Hag

jdavis
Hall Of Fame

Postby jdavis » September 12th, 2008, 8:42 am

Revision is much better than the original. I would condense it even more. Just my opinion.:)

john

Pastor Gary
Kahu Gary, Benevolent Dictator

How about even further edits?

Postby Pastor Gary » September 12th, 2008, 11:41 am

Dear Member,

Christway Church in Adamsville misses you! We'd love to see your renewed participation at Christway. We fully understand that many things can be a barrier to involvement, and we want you to know that we can relate...and we care. We'd love to reestablish a strong relationship with you and your family, and encourage you to call us at any time.

If you have found another Bible-believing church to attend, we are thrilled for you!

In any case, so that we can be good stewards of the records here at Christway, would you be so kind as to contact the Christway office and update your status, enabling us to bring our records up to date and show diligence in the work of the Lord given to our care?

You can always contact us if your situation is complicated, or you wish to discuss this matter, or if you need prayer. Always.

If at that time we have not heard from you regarding your status within the next 30 days, we will understand that to mean that you no longer wish to be connected to this church, and you approve of your removal from membership at Christway Independent Church in Adamsville, Alabama.

Whatever your situation, please know that we wish you well and have appreciated your role and support of Christway in times past.
"God is excited to show you mercy. He rises to give you His compassion." (Isaiah 30:18)

"For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield." (Psalm 5:12)

RamboPreacher
RamboPreacher

Postby RamboPreacher » September 22nd, 2008, 8:31 am

just be sure to not include a donation envelope. :) hehhheeeee
Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling

Poimen
What's next?

Postby Poimen » September 22nd, 2008, 8:57 am

RamboPreacher wrote:just be sure to not include a donation envelope. :) hehhheeeee

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's good! F-U-N-N-Y. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poimen
Bro. Christopher

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

Postby Full Quiver » September 22nd, 2008, 12:37 pm

A question: Has a personal visit or contact been made with these folks? Are these members in question from before your tenure at Christway?
I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”