IYC info

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

johnsvicky
Newcomer

IYC Dates

Postby johnsvicky » January 12th, 2007, 9:27 am

Yes, IYC will be held at Camp Boothe in Green Pond, AL. on July 21st - 26th. My husband, Phillip, is Camp Manager at Camp Boothe and I am the Financial Director. We are excited about the opportunity to host this event again. We have recently completed some upgrades to our camping facility in hopes that this will make your stay at Camp Boothe an enjoyable one.

MrDanger
I like flapjacks.

Re: IYC Dates

Postby MrDanger » January 12th, 2007, 9:38 am

johnsvicky wrote:Yes, IYC will be held at Camp Boothe in Green Pond, AL. on July 21st - 26th. My husband, Phillip, is Camp Manager at Camp Boothe and I am the Financial Director. We are excited about the opportunity to host this event again. We have recently completed some upgrades to our camping facility in hopes that this will make your stay at Camp Boothe an enjoyable one.

Let me tell you what a joy it has been for me and my wife (Kimmy) getting to work at your campground the last several years during IYC. Ya'll have done a wonderful job there and it (the campground, your staff, the cooks) is always a highlight of our summer. We personally would love it if it stayed there for a few more years.

Ya'll are doing a great job.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

johnsvicky
Newcomer

Postby johnsvicky » January 12th, 2007, 9:52 am

Thanks so much! We enjoy working there and hope that we can be of some help to you. We have a wonderful Board of Directors and an awesome Coordinator, Joey Mojica, that makes all of this possible. Phillip and I have only been there for 2 years but we have enjoyed being associated with such a wonderful group of people who truly have a heart for the camping ministry.

Trisha
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Re: Jimmy Jr

Postby Trisha » January 12th, 2007, 5:25 pm

AtlantaBishop wrote:
My wife, Suzt, is kin to Jimmy Bailey Jr. via marriage

Jimmy Jr is our cousin. We all kinda grew up together in MS. We used to all get in trouble TOGETHER! LOL

Yep, Jimmy married my husband's sister, Ginger.
They attended Vicksburg, too during the 70's.
Aloha! Howzit?

AtlantaBishop
Needs Decaf

Re: Jimmy Jr

Postby AtlantaBishop » January 12th, 2007, 6:21 pm

Trisha wrote:
AtlantaBishop wrote:
My wife, Suzt, is kin to Jimmy Bailey Jr. via marriage

Jimmy Jr is our cousin. We all kinda grew up together in MS. We used to all get in trouble TOGETHER! LOL

Yep, Jimmy married my husband's sister, Ginger.
They attended Vicksburg, too during the 70's.

Thanks Trisha - It is rare that we all see each other any more - it is usually at a funeral - sad to say. Isn't Ginger somehow related to someone that was in Hawaii? I am on this fast and it is affecting my mind! LOL Where does Jimmy & Ginger live now? Thanks
www.WaynePugh.com

Trisha
Ranking in the posts...
Ranking in the posts...

Postby Trisha » January 12th, 2007, 6:37 pm

Yes, that is us. My husband is her brother.
Aloha! Howzit?

AtlantaBishop
Needs Decaf

Hey Trish

Postby AtlantaBishop » January 12th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Hey Trish - that is cool - I sure do LOVE Hawaii! We will do a 7 night Hawaiian Cruise May 14 and then spend 4 nights in Maui. What a wonderful place! My wife is a great Cruise Travel Agent and gets us such great rates. Where are you guys now? Are you also related somehow to Gary? Sorry for all the questions - I left the COGOP in 1978 and lost touch with most of the people still in it but am very thankful for my Godly heritage.
www.WaynePugh.com

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”