Easislides V4

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Easislides V4

Postby stevenson » June 29th, 2006, 5:54 pm

Easislides v4 will be out in the next couple of weeks. If you need a great projector program, this is it. It has all the features of Easy Worship with one exception.......It's free! And easier to use. My 11 year old daughter runs ours at the church, that's how easy it is. It comes with about 2000 worship songs, several Bibles, including a Spanish version. Check out their website and get the lastest version when it arrives....http://www.easislides.com. Also check out their church's website ....http://www.bccc.co.uk/.
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » July 1st, 2006, 3:45 pm

This is the lastest update from Easislides.......

EasiSlides Development as on 8th June 2006

First of all, apologies for the long delay between the last news email and this one. My initial plan had been to release EasiSlides v4 sometime in January this year. But, following extremely useful feedback from Beta Testers, I had to make important changes to the way EasiSlides operates - thus resulting in the delay in the release of v4.

1. Current state of EasiSlides 4 Beta

I am now entering the final phase of Beta releases. There will be a few more Beta updates over the next three weeks and if all goes well, EasiSlides v4 final version will be released sometime towards the end of June/beginning of July 2006.

2. EasiSlides Forum

When v4 is release, an EasiSlides forum will be made available for you to seek help in using the software. A number of users who have been testing the betas, plus myself, will be available to respond to queries you raise in the new forum.

3. New Features in V4

There are many new features in v4 and below are just some of the new functionalities

Improved Editor separating Region 1 and region 2 lyrics.
Improved InfoScreen – improved portability (background image and settings saved with file which means you can copy an InfoScreen from one computer to another and still retain the background formatting, etc.).
Improved Header Options - Additional option to Show Heading just at start
57 Transitions: An item transition – how the item first appears. A slide transition – between slides within the item
Listing/preview of Powerpoint files in Powerpoint Folder
Option to display Notations/chords in Lyrics preview areas
New Info area under middle Preview pane, to show information on the selected item.
New Session Notes in middle Preview pane to hold operator data.
Improved Parental/Message Alerts
Display Reference at start of each item. For example, For Abba Father, book ref is “SF1, MP3, TS1”. You can select to show that Book Ref, or use Pick and Sub: Pick “MP”, Sub “Mission Praise ” will result in “Mission Praise 3” being displayed at the start of the song. (settings via Options)
Choice of 2-colour Gradient backgrounds
Improved searches, select between dates song was added/updated
Faster Bible Listing
AntiAlias Fonts
Improved Display Panel layout and options
Option to display chorus in italics
Option to list song titles of selected folder to a document
HTML Generator has an additional option for generating song lyrics in RTF format. This will assist the display of chords.
Custom Output Monitor, so that you can specify a particular position and size of the Live output.
Lyrics Monitor, so that the choir/musicians can have their own view of the lyrics with chords.
Live Cam allows you to show a live feed from an attached camcorder
Semi-Portable Worship List. If you have set up worship list on your pc at home and would like to use it at church. A problem is that your song database at home might not be in sync with the one at church because an internal unique ID is used for each song. With v4, if you copy a worship list from one pc to another, EasiSlides will select the song based on title and folder. If it can’t find it, it will display an error message. In most cases, if the titles and folders on your PC and church PC are the same, EasiSlides will identify the right song.
Text over Video / Audio association for each item. This means a video or audio will play automatically when an item is displayed. (Windows media Player 10/DirectX 9 or later is required)
Rotation settings for database and InfoScreen item. This means you can save slide timings in step with an audio/video file so that each slide will advance automatically at a certain point when music/video is being played. Like a karaoke system – but for Christian praise! Rotation settings are stored via in the Editor and assignment of song files are done via individual format settings on the worship list.
In Christ
Wai Kuen Mo

Oneway Ministries

wsmitty
Needs a LIFE

Postby wsmitty » July 5th, 2006, 9:36 am

Is this easier to work than OPENSONG?

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » July 5th, 2006, 2:28 pm

Yes! I've used OpenSong before. And we still have it on the computer on the church and at my house. Just be prepared to delete a lot of stuff. You get something like 3,000 songs and 5 different Bibles with Easislides. We didn't know 2/3rds of the songs, so we deleted them.

Another thing we did was to put all the "blue book" songs into Easislides. The song title shows on the display screen but the secondary title doesn't. So we put the page numbers in the secondary title line. So if somebody says, "let's sing page 333". I just put 333 in the search and I'll Fly Away pops up.

If anyone downloads this program and needs help, just e-mail me or call. But once you start messing with it, you'll see that it's simple. A lot of things the computer picks up on it's own.

Oneway Ministries

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » August 5th, 2006, 2:35 pm

I downloaded Easislides V4 a couple of weeks ago and tried it out before making anymore comments about it. It's a little more complicated to run than the previous version 3.2. But still easier than Easyworship, Opensong, ect.. ! One great feature that I like is that it not only supports dual monitor but triple monitor. Your first monitor is your Computer screen. It's divided into 3 sections. Section 1 you pick your song, scripture, backgrounds. The section 2 (the middle of your computer monitor) shows a preview of the next slide. Section 3 shows what is actually being displayed from your projector. Monitor 2 is your projector. Monitor 3 is a stage monitor. This monitor is divided into 3 sections. Your Praise & Worship band can see the song list displayed, the words to the current song, and the first few lines to the next song. This is really a great program and it's "FREE"!

Oneway Ministries

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”