Need help with projector

Ideas, trends, staff needs, equipment... all the things related to church leadership, pastoring and operations. (Combining the contents of several older forums.)

Moderators: Pastor Gary, Jennifer Smith, Billy n NC, justsam, pastorables, darylscook

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » July 4th, 2006, 2:44 pm

Joey, I have another question.

Why Svideo from the laptop to the projector.. does the projector not support VGA input?

Or does the laptop not have a second VGA port?

The svideo quality is far less resolution etc than XGA or even SVGA..

Svideo is great for connecting projector to DVD/VCR players but not computers.

I usually run both the VGA and Svideo cable and sometimes a composite video cable also. That way you can use the projector to switch between computer....DVD/VCR .. and Video Camera for IMAG..

I agree with Stevenson in that laptops are on the bottom of the suggested equipment list but I also know that sometimes you gotta do what your Budget tells you..

The weakest link in the Media Projection systems is the video cards and unless you go with an upper end laptop the Video card horsepower is not there.

At our summer camps I have used PIII 500 mhz desktops but they had video card horsepower.. you can get a AGP Nvidia 256 meg dual head video card for around $90 bucks to soup up an older desktop.

As far as PPT. A lot of churches do this every Sunday. But it is designed for lecture presentation.. Start at slide 1 and go to the end. When it comes to singing chorus and hymns in a contemporary worship service well.. bouncing back and forth between verses and chorus will be cumbersome.

I also am not so naive to say that EZW is for everyone. There are about a dozen or more presentation packages out there.. all of them or I should say most of them offer a 30 day eval.. Try them out.. Use them.. And then you will see why EZW is the best.. (Sorry could not resist)

And again I understand that churches do not have the budget for the software.. There are some other freebie out there also.. they just do not have the bells and whistles that some packages have.

Check this website out.. http://www.brainybetty.com

Lots of freebie stuff.. for presentation..

I am thrilled that you have gotten system..
Last edited by Billy n NC on July 4th, 2006, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » July 4th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Yeah, Billy got my point! Thanks Billy. And yes we all know that your a EasyWorship fan. But like Joey and many others, our church can't dish out the money for presentation software. So I tried a LOT of the freebies. The two best are OpenSong & Easislides. I prefer EasiSlides just because it's simple and I'm simple! :wink:

Joey if you need a diagram on how to hook everything up I might be able to come up with something. Billy is right. You should be using a VGA cable not s-video. I run a 100 foot VGA cable and have no booster. If you want an honest opinion on how ours looks just ask roughrider.
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Joey
Da Bomb!

Postby Joey » July 5th, 2006, 3:30 pm

I have already paid for the s-video and booster at this point. Don't ask.
Moving forward is all I can do. NO VGA 100 foot cable in the future for now. Broke. Money coming out of my pocket.
Free software is all I can afford right now.
Very new at presentation know-how, very confused at what is available.
Moving step by step.

stevenson
I can see clearly now!

Postby stevenson » July 7th, 2006, 4:36 am

I know that feeling! Confused & broke!
God bless!
"No, I am just telling you what the Word says" -Vestal Goodman

Oneway Ministries

Return to “Preacher/Teacher Pages”