Is Robin/Nightwing a Christian?

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DaJudge
-= J2 =-

Is Robin/Nightwing a Christian?

Postby DaJudge » March 10th, 2006, 10:19 am

I think this topic may have been discussed here before, but here is an interesting article on the topic for those of us who are comic fans.

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Nightwing.html

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » March 10th, 2006, 10:32 am

Yeah I've always heard about this - that he listens to DC Talk and reads the NIV Bible. I think the artist and writer of Nightwing were Christians. Odd to read that about Batman being an atheist. I have a comic where he's holding the Holy Grail and says, "Can you believe the Son of God actually held this in His hand?"

In the new Identity Crisis, a bunch of heroes are actually in a worship service asking God for guidance and help during this time. Only one hero is standing outside, identifying himsefl as an atheist (the black guy with the mask who's also on Justice League Unlimited). And someone asks him, "you're an atheist? I thought you were supposed to be one of the smartest guys in the world?"
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

MrDanger
I like flapjacks.

Postby MrDanger » March 10th, 2006, 10:59 am

One thing they are not considering is the different writers to explain the difference in Nightwing's activities.

In his individual comic, at the beginning when initially being proclaimed a christian, there wasn't any "sleeping with" anyone. However, if you went over to what was happening in Teen Titans/Titans, he was. There were different writers. It was the writer of the Nightwing comic that added the christian traits and interests. So, really, it is inconsistency in character development on the part of DC's editorial staff (which is common in Marvel also).
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

martinplux
Newcomer

Re: Is Robin/Nightwing a Christian?

Postby martinplux » October 24th, 2016, 7:18 am

this question worries me a lot! follow http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/an-essay-on-development-of-christian-doctrine an dread an essay about the christian doctrine development!

Return to “Entertainment”