Wife Swap

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Wife Swap

Postby DeWayneTN » October 7th, 2004, 4:26 am

Okay, the principle of this show didn't interest me because it seemed like it would just cause problems for married folks. However, I caught the episode last night where the wife from South Carolina changes places with the one from Arkansas. It was hilarious. The animal-rights loving Arkansas wife demanded guns be taken out of the house and the confederate flag taken down while the SC woman cleaned house and installed an American flag at the liberal household. What a hoot!
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 7th, 2004, 10:56 am

I laughed till I cried when she laid her hand on the mounted deer and bawled!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: She was a real piece of work.
:roll: **Cuckoo Cuckoo** :roll:

They must have been laughing their socks off at the Confederate Flag waving homestead when they got back with all their extended family! I know I would have...that woman was loose a few screws.

Did you notice she cried more about her dogs being outside than she did about anything else?? :roll:

Have to admit, that was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile! :lol:

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » October 7th, 2004, 11:11 am

Have not seen it yet.. but I got it recorded. Its close to Trading Spouse also.. I liked the.. Trading Spouse has a twist.. The $50 K they get has to be decided how they spend by the visiitng mom.. The Atlanta house wife and New Jersey Housewife was a trip..

Also last week with the New Jersey Woman that drove a bus and chopped wood for 5 hours every day swapping with the Rich , Rich .. did I say Rich woman.. from New York City.. They had 3 kids and 4 nannies and driver and maid and cook.. it was a hoot also..

Billy n NC
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 7th, 2004, 11:29 am

I saw that one too.....wow, talk about being out of touch with reality! :shock: Four nannie's for three kids! She spends about one hour a day with her kids, because she needed "ME" time!!! :roll: Spent four thousand a week on clothing, ate out every night, (well, I can't say that's all bad, I eat out alot too) :wink:, but the woman was so out of touch with reality! I really felt sorry for those kids. Her husband was a Nethanderal also.

Now the other family the husband seemed to finally "get it" and his reunion was sweet. His wife was seemed beaten down, but after dealing with the Nethanderal, she seemed to find her voice.

The shows interesting....there's no way on earth I'd sign up for a show like that....I'd end up with someone like...well, forget it... :wink: :lol:

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » October 8th, 2004, 3:44 am

YellowRoseTX wrote: Did you notice she cried more about her dogs being outside than she did about anything else?? :roll:

Yes. I turned to my friend I was watching it with and said, "surely she's an actress. I can't imagine there being someone like that in real life. We wished we had tiVO so we could rewind and watch that part again.

YellowRoseTX wrote: Have to admit, that was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile! :lol:

I definitely agree. That alone was worth the time!
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » October 8th, 2004, 7:51 am

I noticed on my AOL broadband a replay from Regis and Kelly where Kelly imitated the Arkansas wife crying about her dogs. It was funny!

"WHYYYYYYY????????????? They're ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sob)"

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 8th, 2004, 11:53 am

DeWayneTN wrote:I noticed on my AOL broadband a replay from Regis and Kelly where Kelly imitated the Arkansas wife crying about her dogs. It was funny!

"WHYYYYYYY????????????? They're ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sob)"

Mind you that outburst was after she accused the other woman of mistreating her daughter....but she soon forgot her daughter when she heard her precious adopted dogs had been kept outdoors!!! :roll: I wanted to slap the stupid outta that woman. :lol:

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » October 14th, 2004, 5:35 am

Hey YR, I saw that show.. I am on tape delay.. sometimes a week behing.. When she cried over the deer I liked to roll on the floor well not the floor it would be hard to get up from there.. but it was funny..

and the scene where they meet each others spouse .. Well she needed the stupid slapped out of her.. I feel for the daughter when when gets to be 15 or 16..

Okay.. My tape shut off after the joint table scene.. Did any of the couples change any of there ways as a response to what had happend over the last 10 days for the better..

Billy n NC
Billy Broach

Ebroach Services

http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 14th, 2004, 11:18 am

Not really Billy, The hippy couple became vegatarians....due to her dreadful experience! :roll:

The other couple tried to share the same bed, but after one night and the husbands snoring that didn't last. So that went back to the way it was. The husband did cut his hunting, fishing down so the family does spend more family time together. They seemed to get more from it then the other family did.

What a show! :lol:

Chosen_Generation
Needs a hobby

Postby Chosen_Generation » October 24th, 2004, 7:56 pm

the same episode ya'll are talking about was the first episode i watched.
WOW i laughed so hard i cried!
i was visiting with my friend who pastors in Kentucky and he came in the room and i was watching it and we both laughed for days over it.
those crazy "tree huggers" as the SC guy said .
this weeks episode wasn't as funny but we still got a kick out of it.
hopefully many more funny episodes will come
did you notice the hippie woman was being very nice till the Southren Women kinda laid into how scary her husband was , she kinda pulled her hand away and got defensive, and what a mother! gets real mad about the thought of her child being mistreated but almost having a mental breakdown about a few dogs being outside .
:shock: "NOOO THEY CAN'T GO OUTSIDE THEIR ADOPTED!" :cry: :cry: :cry: wow!

"Ya'll Are A Bunch of Tree Huggers "
:lol: :lol: :lol: HA HA HAH A A :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 24th, 2004, 8:38 pm

The thing about last weeks was that womens clothes!!! :shock: She was stuck in the 80's I think....everything was rhinestones, lame', and those weird looking feather bird lookin' earrings!! What was up with those? :shock: :roll: Didn't like that woman....very witchy, and disrespectful to the family who actually worked for a living. I can tell you if she demanded breakfast in bed from me, she'd be wearing it. :D :wink:

Hope this weeks a good one!

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » October 30th, 2004, 4:44 pm

I thought this week's was one of the better ones. It was very funny and dramatic. I liked the clean freak Italian mother and thought she came out smelling like a rose whereas the other one was painted as a transcendental slob. :D

Sherry

Postby Sherry » October 30th, 2004, 5:10 pm

I LOVED the Italian moms mother!!! :lol: Especially when she came in and was so grossed out about the house and how dirty the kitchen was. Saying "My daughter would NEVER let it get like this....she'd die if saw this!!" I was dying!! :lol:

The new age, tofu lovin, 15 minnute cleaning, lotus sitting, Omming, meditating mom was just plain freaky.

Return to “Entertainment”