The Surreal Life

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Sherry

The Surreal Life

Postby Sherry » September 8th, 2004, 10:41 am

The Surreal Life on VH1

Anyone else watch this one?

This one is hilarious!! :lol:

panhandler

Postby panhandler » September 9th, 2004, 8:26 am

I have to diagree. I tried it but couldn't make it through the first episode. They seemed more sad than anything.
"I imagine God is weary of being called down on both sides of an argument" Cold Mountain

Jennifer Smith

Postby Jennifer Smith » September 9th, 2004, 11:07 am

Isn't this the one with Tammy Faye Bakker- Messner (whatever)? We don't have cable. But I heard she gained more popularity after being on the show. :)
..I press on to take hold of that
for which Christ took hold of me.
-Phil 3:12

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: The Surreal Life

Postby Paully_44 » September 9th, 2004, 11:23 am

YellowRoseTX wrote:The Surreal Life on VH1

What I found funny the one time I stumbled across this show is how these "stars" still think so much of themselves.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Sherry

Postby Sherry » September 9th, 2004, 1:37 pm

YellowRoseTX wrote:The Surreal Life on VH1, hilarious...

panhandler wrote:I have to diagree. I tried it but couldn't make it through the first episode. They seemed more sad than anything.

Paully_44 wrote:What I found funny the one time I stumbled across this show is how these "stars" still think so much of themselves.

See, for me that's the hilarious part....they all still think they are all that. The show does not rank up there with Amazing Race and Surviour mind you, but it's funny....

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » September 10th, 2004, 6:58 am

YellowRose,

I think we'd get along great! We have the same taste in shows.

I laughed out loud twice during the season premiere, specifically at Charo, who is hilarious. The line about her jumping out the window and "they'd find me in Tijuana" was a hoot. I enjoyed some parts of the first two seasons and I thought this one would be boring because of the lowered status of these celebs, but so far I am enjoying watching Charo and Flavor Flav.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Sherry

Postby Sherry » September 10th, 2004, 11:50 am

DeWayneTN wrote:YellowRose,

I think we'd get along great! We have the same taste in shows.

I laughed out loud twice during the season premiere, specifically at Charo, who is hilarious. The line about her jumping out the window and "they'd find me in Tijuana" was a hoot. I enjoyed some parts of the first two seasons and I thought this one would be boring because of the lowered status of these celebs, but so far I am enjoying watching Charo and Flavor Flav.

Finally someone who get's it!!!! :lol: We'd get along just fine! :lol:

I know Charo is great! She's gonna be a riot to watch! Flavor Flav...oh my, he is a character!! He sure has a thing for Bridgette! LOL That's gonna be interesting... :shock: She's a weird one..no wonder Sly divorced her! :roll:

This show is like watching a train wreck...you can't look away!!!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » September 11th, 2004, 6:04 am

I just read they are developing a show around Flavor Flav and Bridgette for next year. The producers have also committed to a fourth season of The Surreal Life.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Sherry

Postby Sherry » September 11th, 2004, 8:18 pm

DeWayneTN wrote:I just read they are developing a show around Flavor Flav and Bridgette for next year.

What are they gonna name it? "The Giant and the Beast?":roll: or "Gold Teeth and his Amazon?" :P How about "Flavor Flav and the Naked Beast?" :shock: oh man I'm on a roll...... :lol: :lol: :P I see it now...the whole show will be focused around who slaps who the most!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's it "The Slap Man and Slappy Show" :lol: Man I need to go to bed I'm getting SLAP HAPPY!!!!! :P :P :lol: :lol:

DaJudge
-= J2 =-

Postby DaJudge » September 15th, 2004, 9:15 am

Charo is HILARIOUS on this show. I never thought she was funny in the 70's. She's so much funnier in real life. Flav is cracking me up too. And what about that Jordan Knight? He is one weird anti-social dude.

Sherry

Postby Sherry » September 15th, 2004, 10:03 am

DaJudge wrote:Charo is HILARIOUS on this show. I never thought she was funny in the 70's.

That's because you can't understand a word she says! :P :lol: :P She is hilarious though!! :lol: :lol:

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » September 15th, 2004, 6:26 pm

DeWayneTN wrote:I just read they are developing a show around Flavor Flav and Bridgette for next year.

ok, how old is Bridgette?? Too old to be showing us her dimples... and I dont mean those on her face either. :roll:
Let the wild rumpus start!

DaJudge
-= J2 =-

Postby DaJudge » September 16th, 2004, 5:28 am

Paully_44 wrote:
ok, how old is Bridgette?? Too old to be showing us her dimples... and I dont mean those on her face either. :roll:

That WAS particularly nasty. Looked like large curd cottage cheese.

Return to “Entertainment”