The nature of entertainment media

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

johnnyhenderson
Needs a LIFE

The nature of entertainment media

Postby johnnyhenderson » October 11th, 2017, 12:06 am

Hi,
I am still an avid player of video and computer games however. I play indie "art" titles, but also some of the top-tier franchises as well. This troubles me, as many are violent/aggressive. I've been a fan of the Assassin's Creed series for some time, and I know that you cant harm pixels or polygons, but I have the same concerns, about whether such games are really harmful to the self.

There's a wonderful quote from Dragon Age: Origins that says that "Evil doesn't worry about being good" (meaning that the very fact of showing concern for such things proves that you are not lost to the dark side), however I do question my motivations for playing such games. If I wish to cultivate peace and tranquility, why am I drawn to games that are often centered around visceral conflict?

Please help.

Thanks!

I did not find the right solution from the Internet.

References:https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Confused-Ask-for-help/110559-the-nature-of-entertainment-media

Finance App Trailer

Return to “Entertainment”