survivor season 20

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » April 4th, 2010, 9:26 am

I think I might quit watching it til the merge....

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » April 10th, 2010, 9:19 am

and it just keeps getting worse...

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » April 23rd, 2010, 7:20 am

ok, I am not a fan of Parvati and I can't stand Russell for anything, but I have to give Parvati credit for a really really awesome move. I don't want her to win, but man that was brilliant.

And, I seriously think that J. T.'s stunt with his immunity idol should replace Erik's move with the dumbest move in survivor.

Wendy Cook

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 5th, 2010, 4:27 am

i guess nobody is watching survivor anymore or is so disgusted with this season that they don't want to talk about it.

I am really close to not watching it anymore myself...

wendy k

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 5th, 2010, 4:46 am

I still watch, but to me it is a forgettable show. Once I am done watching, I barely remember what happened.
Let the wild rumpus start!

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 7th, 2010, 5:21 am

people on this show are crazy

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 7th, 2010, 8:59 am

teach wrote:people on this show are crazy

they sure act like it.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 17th, 2010, 6:38 am

well... did the right person win?

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 17th, 2010, 7:00 am

Paully_44 wrote:well... did the right person win?

I don't know.. I have mixed feelings. I am just glad one particular person didn't win and I hope i never see that person on survivor again.

wendy k

Billy n NC

Postby Billy n NC » May 17th, 2010, 6:35 pm

teach wrote:
Paully_44 wrote:well... did the right person win?

I don't know.. I have mixed feelings. I am just glad one particular person didn't win and I hope i never see that person on survivor again.

wendy k

Come on Wendy dont tell me you did not like Russell.

I would have voted for Russell because He played the game like none other. Both seasons. but after a discussion with my wife she convinced me I was wrong. Russell played the game to get to the final 3. He did not play to win . Not sure he could . You have to have people on the jury that would vote FOR you . and having all 9 disliking you is a serious flaw in his strategy..

Great show this season. But I am ready for real players not the pros.
Billy Broach
Ebroach Services
http://www.ebroach.net/mediatech/

Bringing Media Technologies to God's Church Familes

Skype Name is ebroachnnc AIM is broachb

Ilovebigcats
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Ilovebigcats » May 17th, 2010, 8:12 pm

I agree with Russell.. there is a flaw in the game. The jury should be voting for who Out wit, out lasted and out played. That by FARRRRRR was Russell!! He is smoked this GAME. Getting America's favorite TWICE proves that. He is the ONLY thing that made these last 2 seasons worth watching. I loved every minute of it! You can be SURE.. he'll be back. :P

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 18th, 2010, 2:28 am

Yeah the right person won because the jury voted for them. And even after looking at the footage, there are no players who would change their vote, I don't think. I know they hate Russell. He is the only one in the history of 20 seasons who's whined about a "flaw in the game." That's because America loves to hate him and the player just simply hate him (Sandra said she knows his wife has to make him take a shower everyday). So he played it wrong. Simple as that. From the first season, players know they have to appeal to the jury vote, not the cameras. Lying while swearing on the lives of your children isn't an endearing quality.

Jerri said in an interview she would considered giving Russell her vote if he woud have showed the slightest hint of humility or thankfulness for what others did. She said he did not, he just proclaimed that he controlled the game the whole time and the rest of them just did what he wanted them to. Gave no credit to or remorse for how others fared in the game. Million dollar mistake.

I was not a fan of Parvarti but she had major game play, especially with the double idol game-changer. I would've been happy with her. But if she would have won, Russell would have been able to claim partial credit. Instead, a woman who gunned for him the entire time was able to sweep it out from under him at the last minute. And I love that.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 18th, 2010, 3:36 am

Amen Dwayne!!!

There is no flaw in the game. It is what it is. If America had to spend 39 days on an island with him, they would not want him to win because he is beyond arrogant. I cannot stand someone who thinks they can screw people over 24/7 with absolutely no regret and think they will get their vote because it is "the game." The game is having people vote for you even though you may have been the reason they are on the jury. Russell can't do that and will never be able to because of the way the plays. Can he get to the end? Without a doubt. I believe he could get to the end every time without a problem, but he will never win.

Wendy Cook

rjjunior
700+ Posts

Postby rjjunior » May 19th, 2010, 11:56 am

I personally would have given it to Parvati. She had others gunning for her since the beginning and excelled in both physical and strategic play.

I just don't like the fact that someone wins by default, even though they didn't have to outwit, outplay, or even outlast.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 20th, 2010, 5:50 pm

rjjunior wrote:I personally would have given it to Parvati. She had others gunning for her since the beginning and excelled in both physical and strategic play.

I just don't like the fact that someone wins by default, even though they didn't have to outwit, outplay, or even outlast.

agreed.

Return to “Entertainment”