Chynna Phillips

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Chynna Phillips

Postby DeWayneTN » September 23rd, 2009, 11:59 am

It was cool that Chynna and her new duet partner Vaughan Penn came in to the offices recently. As you know, Chynna was 1/3 of Wilson Phillips and the daughter of John and Michelle Phillips (The Mamas and the Papas). She's also a Baldwin now, married to Billy.

I did a podcast with them and Chynna describes being saved from drowning by Robert Plant when she was a child.

http://christianretailing.com/index.php ... ghan-penn-
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Postby Mole_J » September 24th, 2009, 5:00 am

I used to like Wilson Phillips when I was younger. Chynna was my favorite of the three.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » September 25th, 2009, 11:29 am

Too bad you didn't interview her after her sister said what she did on Oprah this week. I'd like to know her reaction.

I didn't know she'd become a Christian. That's great.

Funny Wilson Phillips story: My niece was in the car with my wife back when Wilson Phillips covered Elton John's Daniel. The original came on the radio, my wife singing away with it. My niece looked at her with an disgusted look on her face at the 1970's arrangement --- "Who is that doing Wilson Phillips' song?!?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » September 25th, 2009, 2:02 pm

She actually has been reacting to the story. She was on Oprah today and I think US magazine had a response from her. She has known it for a while and said she was comatose for a week after Mackenzie told her. Her mother, however, believes Mackenzie is making this up to detract from Chynna's new record.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Return to “Entertainment”