Disney Buys Marvel Comics

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Disney Buys Marvel Comics

Postby DeWayneTN » September 8th, 2009, 6:14 am

Can't wait to see what happens out of this. Doubtful that it will have any theme park impact since Universal has characters licensed for use in their parks (and they can't use the movie versions of the X-Men characters because they're licensed to Fox). It would be cool if Disney could use their money to bring everything back under one roof.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Paully_44
Established Member

Re: Disney Buys Marvel Comics

Postby Paully_44 » September 8th, 2009, 7:24 am

DeWayneTN wrote:Can't wait to see what happens out of this. Doubtful that it will have any theme park impact since Universal has characters licensed for use in their parks (and they can't use the movie versions of the X-Men characters because they're licensed to Fox). It would be cool if Disney could use their money to bring everything back under one roof.

The Hulk with mouse ears...... that will be interesting.
Let the wild rumpus start!

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » September 8th, 2009, 9:18 am

It gives Disney a foothold in the teen and tween boys' demographic. They say there are 5K Marvel characters that go with the deal and Pixar is looking at an Ant-Man film.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

MacUser
Established Member

Postby MacUser » September 24th, 2009, 9:25 am

interesting. thanks
Chris -

... Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Alan
Whoa!!
Whoa!!

Postby Alan » September 25th, 2009, 8:58 am

Here's another interesting article on this subject. Marvel may be losing rights to a lot of their characters....

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/fireh ... /21/225211

Return to “Entertainment”