GI Joe

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Full Quiver
--== J2 ==--

GI Joe

Postby Full Quiver » June 9th, 2009, 4:49 am

I have piped unto you, and ye have not danced!

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » June 9th, 2009, 5:00 am

Saw the previews for this at Star Trek, it looked great before we even realized what it was!
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Postby Mole_J » June 13th, 2009, 6:36 pm

I was excited about this movie, but then I every thing I have heard about it, it sounds terrible.

GI Joe is no longer American, but an International military group.

They changed Cobra Commander, he looks nothing like he did in the cartoon or comic. You can see it Here

I don't like the whole accelerator suits. Seems too much like Halo.

Just seen, some rumors on the net that are not good. This is from Slashfilm.com. This is just some of what was written:
And while I can’t verify the story, I have heard several really bad things about the film from a few informed sources. Common word is that it is a disaster for Paramount, and that a lot of unplanned post-production work was done to amp up the action and excitement factors and possibly just to make the thing watchable. Details of the original post from Murphy’s message board after the jump.

The condensed version goes like this: A disastrous test screening led production exec Brad Weston to push for Sommers’ firing. Stuart Baird was brought in to rework the edit, while producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was also let go from the project. (di Bonaventura getting the boot seems unlikely.) There’s a lot of talk in the post about how di Bonaventura and Sommers didn’t know anything about ‘the mythology’ and how that led (somehow) to the ruin of the film. The ‘didn’t know the mythology’ argument seems like a fanboy straw man as the issue doesn’t seem to be that the movie is bad by GI Joe standards, but by any standard. Jeff Wells quotes an unnamed source that says Sommers “was given total freedom but he melted down and has made the biggest bomb in many a moon.” Again, not a bad GI Joe movie, but a bad movie, period.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is now claiming this is not true, but it does not sound good. I hope I am wrong, because I think GI Joe would be an awesome movie if done correctly.

Return to “Entertainment”