Downloadable Classic TV

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Gerald Creasy

Downloadable Classic TV

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 27th, 2009, 10:38 am

http://www.archive.org/details/classic_tv

Here you will find some great old TV from the 50s and 60s.

Episodes of Jack Benny, Fibber McGee & Molly, Dragnet and The Great Gildersleeve (when radio shows transitioned to tv).

Or howabout "Dustys Trail" the long forgotten (except by me) Sherwood Shwartz produced Bob Denver comedy western. (It's Gilligans Island in the old west. Even the cast is the same type: Denver is the older mans Little Buddy, theres a old rich couple and a couple of single babes and a Professor type all thrown together in a lost wagon train. Therese even an episode where Gilligan....I mean Dusty has to dress as a gorilla to attract a gorrilla IN THE OLD WEST!!

Theres shows I became addicted to as a teen when CBN showed them late at nite: The Bob Cummings show, Eve Arden, I Married Joan, and My Little Margie (sheesh, Gale Storm was cute back in the day)

Tons of old Commercials, specials etc.

Two that I really enjoyed:

A young Lloyd Nolan in the Detective series Martin Kane. See him fill his pipe with Old Briar tobacco (product placement) before he solves a murder and break the fourth wall at the end of the episode to invite people back next week.

Quatermass II
Hard British Scifi. Scientific egghead realizes something is wrong when people begin to disappear and some who remain have strange marks and act weird. Why is England constructing the same kind of food production facility that Brazil is? And why do those plants have to be guarded by guards with Sten guns!?

Doctor Who was surely inspired by Quatermass and if you watch it you'll see a young Roger Delgado (The Master!) in a heroic part.

And Speaking of The MAster. they have Three Episodes of the Lee Van Cleef as a Ninja in The Master. I remember watching it but not much about it.

How does one look at Lee Van Cleef and think "Ninja Master"?????

MrDanger
I like flapjacks.

Postby MrDanger » May 27th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Awesome! Just watched the Lucy episode where she gets Jack Benny's account. There were so many "inside" jokes for old school Jack Benny fans.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » May 27th, 2009, 12:50 pm

I missed that one I need to go back and browse some more.

I did find the Lucy episode with Sheldon Leonard.

jinjer
Hey, hey, hey

Postby jinjer » May 27th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Me and mom used to watch "I Married Joan" late at night!! I loved it!! Also loved The Bob Cummings Show and Dustys Trail. Thanks for this info!!

Jinjer

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » June 22nd, 2009, 6:51 am

IIIIIII married Joan (doom-doom-doom-doom). Funny old show. (I really did -- my wife's middle name :lol: ).
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

Return to “Entertainment”