New Star Trek movie

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

New Star Trek movie

Postby DeWayneTN » May 6th, 2009, 3:04 am

I've never been a Trekkie, although I enjoyed a few of the films, but I may have to change my mind after seeing the new Star Trek last night. It was amazing. Any of you who like science fiction or action will love it. The performances are great, too.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 6th, 2009, 4:18 am

I am soooooooooo flippin' excited about this movie!!! I am going to watch it at the Imax theatre in Knoxville!!!! I have been waiting for this movie for almost a year!!!!!!!

wendy k

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 6th, 2009, 4:26 am

If I get a chance to see it again, I'll see it on an IMAX. I saw it in DLP last night and that was pretty sweet.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 6th, 2009, 4:33 am

DeWayneTN wrote:If I get a chance to see it again, I'll see it on an IMAX. I saw it in DLP last night and that was pretty sweet.

what is DLP?

wendy k

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 6th, 2009, 4:36 am

Not sure what the L stands for but it's Digital Projection. It uses a digital projector rather than the film, so it's like high definition in movies.

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 6th, 2009, 4:40 am

DeWayneTN wrote:Not sure what the L stands for but it's Digital Projection. It uses a digital projector rather than the film, so it's like high definition in movies.

oh, well that is cool

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 6th, 2009, 4:43 am

Yeah, IMAX will be the best, though. You will love it.

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » May 6th, 2009, 2:38 pm

I can't wait to see this movie. I love Star Trek.
To God be the Glory.

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 6th, 2009, 3:58 pm

DeWayneTN wrote:Yeah, IMAX will be the best, though. You will love it.

Our plans got changed!!! We're not going to the Imax theatre now... But I plan to watch it there later. We're just going to watch it on a regular theatre on friday...

wendy k

Mole_J
I can see clearly now!

Postby Mole_J » May 6th, 2009, 6:36 pm

A local radio station where giving away free passes to see this movie at a Imax theater tonight. All you had to do was call in answer a question about the show, and be able to come by the radio station before 5:00pm and the tickets were yours.

I had to work :cry:

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 7th, 2009, 3:15 am

teach wrote:

Our plans got changed!!! We're not going to the Imax theatre now... But I plan to watch it there later. We're just going to watch it on a regular theatre on friday...

wendy k

Will they show it on the IMAX in Chattanooga? They used to only show nature films but I thought it was changing. The Rave has really good screens, too.

wsmitty
Needs a LIFE

Postby wsmitty » May 7th, 2009, 3:53 am

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!

I have been a big Star Trek most of my life. I have seen them all. Tv shows, cartoon, movies.

I am very excited, but also leary. I know that they are trying to reach a younger audience.

I just hope they don't lose the sight of what Star Trek is about

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » May 7th, 2009, 4:14 am

DeWayneTN wrote:
teach wrote:

wendy k

Will they show it on the IMAX in Chattanooga? They used to only show nature films but I thought it was changing. The Rave has really good screens, too.

No, we were going to go to knoxville to watch it.

wendy k

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 7th, 2009, 4:28 am

Smitty, I'm not a Trekkie, but from what I have seen of the previous movies, this one just builds and improves on what was already there. It's only a departure in terms of its watchability. :-) Saw a humor headline saying that Trek fans were "blasting" the new film as "Fun, watchable!" :-)

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 8th, 2009, 2:51 am

Here's my full review - spoiler free - if you want to check it out:
http://newmanmag.com/e-magazine/050709/story2.php

Return to “Entertainment”