Rare First edition

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Rare First edition

Postby Susie Hamilton » March 15th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Superman comic sells for, well read below.

http://news.aol.com/article/superman-co ... ion/359428
To God be the Glory.

DaJudge
-= J2 =-

Postby DaJudge » March 16th, 2009, 3:00 am

There's no bigger comic fan than me, but I think I could think of a better way to blow 300 grand.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » March 16th, 2009, 3:49 am

I would buy $300K worth of new comics! :-)
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Gerald Creasy

Postby Gerald Creasy » March 16th, 2009, 4:09 am

At 300 K I could build a climate controled room to house my comic collection and finally catch up on all those "holes" in my collection.

It's not suprising that THAT issue is going so high....I believe the reason it is so rare in good condition was it had a COLORING section.

About as destructive to the comic as the "Clip out Marvel Stamps" Stan Lees worst idea before going senile. As Springfields Comic Book guy says, "...his mind is no longer in mint condition."

pastorables
--== J2 ==--

Care to read?

Postby pastorables » March 17th, 2009, 3:09 pm

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~UG02/yeung/ ... cover.html

You can read the comic online at the above link. :)

pa
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."Jim Elliot - Missionary Martyr

MrDanger
I like flapjacks.

Postby MrDanger » March 18th, 2009, 4:27 am

I mentioned this book before, but have any of you read Brad Meltzer's "Book of Lies"? It is a fictional mystery that tries to discover the "truth" behind the supposed murder of Siegel's father. Which many believe lead to the creation of Superman.

It's fiction, but a good read with a lot of real history of the creation of the character and what happened to all involved.
"Students are encouraged to mingle with the midgets." - Mr. Jones' 1st Block Class

Return to “Entertainment”