Meeting Olivia Newton-John

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Meeting Olivia Newton-John

Postby DeWayneTN » March 5th, 2009, 4:04 am

When I was a kid, one of the first movies I ever saw in the theater was 'Grease' (Doris and her daughter Ondra took me) and it has always been my favorite. So I was thrilled to get the chance to go see Olivia Newton John in concert last night and meet her backstage. I posted the video of the momentous occasion at www.dewaynehamby.com
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Re: Meeting Olivia Newton-John

Postby Tim Elston » March 5th, 2009, 5:33 am

DeWayneTN wrote:When I was a kid, one of the first movies I ever saw in the theater was 'Grease' (Doris and her daughter Ondra took me) and it has always been my favorite. So I was thrilled to get the chance to go see Olivia Newton John in concert last night and meet her backstage. I posted the video of the momentous occasion at www.dewaynehamby.com

Neat. I was a young teen when she came on the scene, and between her and Farrah Fawcett it was hard to know who to be in love with.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » March 5th, 2009, 6:16 am

Tim Elston wrote:
DeWayneTN wrote:When I was a kid, one of the first movies I ever saw in the theater was 'Grease' (Doris and her daughter Ondra took me) and it has always been my favorite. So I was thrilled to get the chance to go see Olivia Newton John in concert last night and meet her backstage. I posted the video of the momentous occasion at www.dewaynehamby.com

Neat. I was a young teen when she came on the scene, and between her and Farrah Fawcett it was hard to know who to be in love with.

Oh yeah, Grease & Xanadu. Great movies to watch. :oops:
Let the wild rumpus start!

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » March 5th, 2009, 11:25 am

DeWayne, was that at the King Center in Melbourne? She was there on Wednesday night, March 4th, if so you were 5 minutes from my house.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

dolfan
Established Member

Postby dolfan » March 5th, 2009, 11:29 am

Grease was on TV the other night. I never liked it too much, but man she's pretty. Still is, too. She was in Huntsville on Sunday night. The article in the Huntsville Times said that she looks much younger than her 60 years. I agree. She's still a looker and a talent.

As an aside, a relative of another famous Aussie lives in Huntsville. The uncle of the lady who plays Dorothy the Dinosaur on the Wiggles is employed at Redstone Arsenal. The new replacement Wiggle for Greg the yellow Wiggle -- Sam Moran -- is married to the woman who is Dorothy. They've opened their last two American tours in Huntsville.

Why I know all that is beyond even me.
Human government bears the same relation to hell as the church bears to heaven. (David Lipscomb, On Civil Government, 72).

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » March 5th, 2009, 12:11 pm

rjc wrote:DeWayne, was that at the King Center in Melbourne? She was there on Wednesday night, March 4th, if so you were 5 minutes from my house.

Yes, I was! It was my first trip to Melbourne, not a bad drive from here. We had dinner at Cracker Barrell off the interstate before the show.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » March 6th, 2009, 12:51 pm

I love the Cracker Barrel, whenever I am up in that area I stop there. I would love to meet you and your lovely wife if you are in the area again, just pm me.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

TC
Hey, hey, hey

Postby TC » March 7th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Paully_44 wrote:
Tim Elston wrote:

Oh yeah, Grease & Xanadu. Great movies to watch. :oops:

Xanadu was one of the worst movies ever.... I tell myself that every time I watch it....but I still watch it and grease OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

I caught all kinds of flack because when Grease came out on DVD I bought both the wide screen and standard versions.

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » March 9th, 2009, 5:32 am

TC wrote: Xanadu was one of the worst movies ever.... I tell myself that every time I watch it....but I still watch it and grease OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

Xanadu is not the best flick in the world, but the star actress was pretty fine.
Let the wild rumpus start!

TC
Hey, hey, hey

Postby TC » March 9th, 2009, 6:26 am

why do you think i watched it over and over and over :)

Return to “Entertainment”