American Idol 2009

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 6th, 2009, 5:05 am

DeWayneTN wrote:If I had to vote for the best American Idol, it would be the bandleader! :-)

With that band and their sheer talent, I think they have to play down to avoid overshadowing the person on stage.
Let the wild rumpus start!

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 6th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Really???????? thats who they sent home? Definately wasnt based on last night's performance.

Schools Out.... goofy performance, but Slash was awesome.

Paula's song... cheesy lip-sync

No Doubt..... do they not have any new songs?

Daughtry... I liked their song.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 7th, 2009, 4:30 am

I was a little surprised but glad. I like Kris and Danny.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

rjjunior
700+ Posts

Postby rjjunior » May 7th, 2009, 10:17 am

Paully_44 wrote:Paula's song... cheesy lip-sync

We saw the real reason she hasn't performed on AI until now. I hate it when I KNOW they are lipsyncing...at least try to trick me!

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 8th, 2009, 5:59 am

Entertainment Weekly celebrates Adam on the cover this week because of his....singing ability? Maybe a little - http://tinyurl.com/obv4o2

If he loses, it's because people thought he was gay. But obviously they are appealing for people to vote for him because he's assumed to be.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

rjjunior
700+ Posts

Postby rjjunior » May 8th, 2009, 9:16 am

So, I'm torn. I'm really pulling for Danny Gokey, but if he wins, he likely won't do Christian music, which is all he's ever sang and wants to sing.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » May 8th, 2009, 9:21 am

That's a good point. I think the runners up get a little more flexibility with their careers. Phil Stacey started out country but now he's doing solely Christian music.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » May 14th, 2009, 3:32 am

Does Chris stand a chance next week against Adam?
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 14th, 2009, 4:03 am

Pastor Rob wrote:Does Chris stand a chance next week against Adam?

who knows, I didnt think he had a chance against Danny.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » May 14th, 2009, 4:17 am

one thing that was pointed out to me was out of 86 million votes the winners were only about a million apart, I am sure Danny was pretty close in there as well, so what could really swing things is the way Danny's fans vote, and I really thing those that preferred Danny would probably be more likely to vote for Chris than Adam.

We could really see an upset, as most are EXPECTING Adam to win.

Also did anyone else think it was in VERY poor taste for one of the invited performers to IN HER PERFORMANCE promote Adam over the other contestants?
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."
-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

Paully_44
Established Member

Postby Paully_44 » May 14th, 2009, 5:28 am

Pastor Bill wrote:Also did anyone else think it was in VERY poor taste for one of the invited performers to IN HER PERFORMANCE promote Adam over the other contestants?

The judges have been doing this for a while now.

Pastor Bill
---=== J2 ===---

Postby Pastor Bill » May 14th, 2009, 5:48 am

Yes the judges have, but that's also their job, and they do point out good and bad in all. Ryan and most of the guests stay pretty away from it.
"Why would God allow Hitler his chapter in history? Why would God send a whale to swallow Jonah or turn a woman into a pillar of salt? Surely there were other ways. But I'll leave the particular methods of God to God."

-Spoken by David Abraham, Showdown by Ted Dekker

rjjunior
700+ Posts

Postby rjjunior » May 14th, 2009, 7:09 am

Am I the only one who found the guest performer extremely annoying? I'm told she's also the one who sings "I kissed a girl and I liked it."

Someone told me she used to be a pentecostal believer.

I'll be voting for Chris.

Darling
Woohoo!

Postby Darling » May 14th, 2009, 7:26 am

It isn't just this year that the judges have been promoting one contestant over another.

Rob
Hey, hey, hey

Postby Rob » May 14th, 2009, 8:03 am

Pastor Bill wrote:Yes the judges have, but that's also their job, and they do point out good and bad in all. Ryan and most of the guests stay pretty away from it.

I didn't think it was there job to pick a winner, I thought it was there job to point out how they can improve their performance and what they liked about the performance. If that's the case then Adam win's hands down.
If I were to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for business. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right will make no difference." -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Entertainment”